About the Job
Presbyterian Homes & Services - Scandia Shores is seeking a Driver for its team. The Driver position is responsible for operating the campus van to organize and provide a shuttle service on campus for residents to access campus buildings, and for providing periodic support in transporting residents to activities off the campus.
SCHEDULE/HOURS: 6-8 hours a week. Days and times are flexible.
REPORTING STRUCTURE: Campus Administrator
ABOUT THIS COMMUNITY
Scandia Shores is the area's most enjoyable senior living residence. This exceptional senior community combines the beauty of the countryside with the convenience of suburban life. This independent living community offers off-street parking, discounted employee meals from the culinary department and a fitness room.
• Organize and provide a shuttle service for residents.
• Maintain a daily schedule, plan routes, and schedule riders accordingly.
• Provide a door-to-door service for the residents who have mobility or ambulating impairments.
• Escort them from their home or apartment to the bus and escort them into the building of their destination.
• Organize a schedule in collaboration with designated staff and residents to provide periodic services to support resident attendance at activities away from the campus.
- Sufficient education to demonstrate functional literacy.
- Class A or B driver’s license and passenger endorsement as required by site and vehicle driven.
- Knowledge of vehicle maintenance sufficient to ensure the excellent and safe operation of the vehicle and to trouble-shoot problems.
- Current and valid medical certificate in compliance with Department of Transportation Requirements as required by site and vehicle driven.
- Excellent driving record.
- Must possess patience, tact, positive attitude, enthusiasm as well as willingness to work as a team player.
- Must have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work independently and effectively with residents, coworkers, family members, visitors, and the general public.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
Rated #1 employer in Minnesota by Forbes!
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of high quality housing choices, care and service options for older adults. Nearly 7,000 employees serve 27,000 older adults through 49 PHS-affiliated senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, and through Optage® home and community services. In 2019 PHS also became co-owner of Genevive, a progressive model of primary care, care navigation and value-based services for over 5,300 older adults in Minnesota. Established in 1955, PHS has earned the reputation as an innovative leader concerned with promoting independence, vitality and well-being for those they serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With a strong commitment to grow our employees from within, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
PHS is an EEO/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.