Finance Lead Cons
About the Job
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance drives financial management for the company and maintains and enhances risk and financial controls. Key functions within Enterprise Finance include finance and accounting; Treasury; corporate development, mergers, and acquisitions; Data Management and Insights, the Customer Remediation Center of Excellence, Enterprise Shared Services, Business Process Management, and Corporate Strategy. Enterprise Finance informs shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, team members, and leaders of the company’s financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines. They also maintain and enhance risk and financial controls and lead many of the company’s shared services functions including corporate properties, security, and global services.
Enterprise Functions Finance provides financial leadership for Well Fargo’s Enterprise Functions including Corporate Risk, Strategic Execution and Operations, Legal, Audit, Human Resources and Stakeholder Relations.
The Finance Team is responsible for providing proactive leadership and consultative support to enhance business intelligence and drive improvements in processes and in alignment with overall function and company objectives. Enterprise Functions collectively include approximately $10 billion in expenses and 21,000 FTEs. The group strives for excellence in customer service and client support by exhibiting behavior that is fair, reasonable, ethical, and professional.
Outstanding leadership skills and the proven ability to foster a culture of strong consultation, sound controls, and continuous improvement will be determining factors in selection.
The future Finance Lead Consultant will:
- Lead strategic change management efforts within Enterprise Functions Finance that advance disciplined expense management, rigorous risk management, and operational excellence among the team and partner groups. Targeted efforts might include financial performance management, staff modeling and projection approaches, investment analyses.
- Lead cross-team requirements for meaningful and efficient delivery of key priorities and urgent issues resolution as demands occur
- Provide direct financial support to Legal and other enterprise functions as needed through the normal course of business and organizational changes
- Leverage deep business knowledge to provide strong consultation and strategic thinking
- Develop meaningful financial analysis and insights for proposed investments and business decision making (ex. projects, business bases, resource modeling)
- Collaborate with business in developing focused relevant materials for executive audiences
- Actively engage leaders in culture of cost discipline and targeted efficiencies to optimize financial performance
- Develop performance measures and cost drivers for assessing financial efficiency and ensuring meaningful and transparent cost allocations
- Ensure active compliance with risk management and enterprise policies including active partnership with Controllers and Risk colleagues
- Actively collaborate with Finance Centers of Excellence partners on Plan, Forecast, Month-end Close, Cost Allocations and other key deliverables by further implementing the overall finance operating model and ensuring effective outcomes with operational excellence
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to clearly articulate and translate complex financial concepts so that they are clearly understood in support of sound decisions
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills, readily developing partnership across the enterprise to achieve desired outcomes
- Proven leadership in developing and delivering on innovative and efficient solutions
- Demonstrated experience in driving organizational change and influencing colleagues through changing requirements and vision
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
NC-Charlotte: Min: $101,500 Mid: $145,000
IA-West Des Moines: Min: $101,500 Mid: $145,000
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $101,500 Mid: $145,000
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: Min: $101,500 Mid: $145,000
CA-SF-Financial District: Min: $121,800 Mid: $174,000
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.