Financial Crimes Consultant 5 - Financial Crimes Escalation Consultant
About the Job
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wholesale Control Organizations (WCO)
The Wholesale Control Organization is a newly formed organization within Wholesale Banking that is responsible for supporting Wholesale lines of business with risk strategy, implementation, and execution to meet regulatory, corporate, and group risk management requirements and expectations. This group interfaces with Independent Risk Management teams (f/k/a second line of defense) and third lines of defense, as well as risk teams supporting each Wholesale business. It has five risk operations groups, a control strategy and implementation unit, and ten business control teams charged with providing consistent implementation of enterprise-risk programs across Wholesale. Through proactive coordination, WCO delivers an integrated risk strategy producing a sustainable control environment and demonstrable culture of strong risk management.
The Financial Crimes Escalation consultant is a key role for the Commercial Bank Financial Crimes Escalation team. Responsible for investigation research, analysis, and reporting of complex financial crimes transactions, policy violations and/or suspicious situations with high levels of risk to support CBG in making risk based customer decisions regarding the customer portfolio. Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage MMB Financial Crimes Risk through the review and approval of Enhanced due diligence memos (relationship memos) for higher risk clients, approval of high risk product due diligence forms (PDDs) and customers domiciled in higher risk geographies.
- Ensure high risk customer reviews are complete and in conformance with bank standards for accuracy, detail and readability. Confirm that the high risk customer reviews clearly identify CDD, risk attributes, negative news, risk mitigants, and a comprehensive understanding of the customer's business model and relationship with Wells Fargo.
- Effectively manage risk through comprehensive understanding of the customer's business model and relationship with Wells Fargo. Firm understanding of AML typologies, products and geography risks.
- Reviewing Commercial Bank client escalations pertaining to AML and Sanction Risk including performing transactional analysis, reviewing client documentation and related research.
- Documenting and making risk based decisions including exit recommendations and or retention decisions.
- Partnering with Enhanced Due Diligence Center and other related teams to maintain the appropriate due diligence program for Corporate High Risk Attribute customers.
- Performing Portfolio Analysis of higher risk client activity for further review and or escalation.
- Typically viewed as a subject matter expert relative to financial crimes and will be asked to support and/or advise LOBs/Stakeholders on financial crime and related risk issues.
- Partners very closely with senior leadership to develop strategies to minimize portfolio risk through innovative methods.
- Lead Projects related to Financial Crimes Risk Management initiatives.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Foreign Correspondent Banking experience
- Thorough knowledge of the FFIEC Exam Manual; Compliance certifications (CAMS, CFCS, CRCM)
- Product risk assessment experience
MN-Minneapolis: 90 S 7th St - Minneapolis, MN
TX-DAL-Downtown Dallas: 1445 Ross Ave - Dallas, TX
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.