Gameplay Analyst III - LoR
About the Job
As a Senior Analyst, you'll be part of a group of researchers, analysts, data scientists, and strategists responsible for solving problems and conducting analyses that allows Rioters to make difficult decisions. You'll be part of an interdisciplinary team and work with Rioters from other disciplines (designers, artists, producers) to conduct studies and analyses to inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products. Your applied or experimental research background coupled with your understanding of data will ensure that you're an advocate for players and can provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
The Gameplay team on Legends of Runeterra focuses on creating and building core gameplay and its surrounding systems to build experiences to delight players for years to come. As an essential member of this team, you will report to the Director of Strategic Advisory and conduct analyses on large datasets to better understand player engagement as you provide recommendations on the future direction of these teams. For example, you might evaluate the play-rate and win-rate information of different content to inform gameplay balance decisions. If through your quantitative analyses, you are excited to surface how players engage with the game to help the team make better decisions, this is a great opportunity.
- Partner with your product team to create insights and frameworks to inform how we build our products and experiences
- Provide strategic insights to test teams' assumptions and inform their actions
- Collect and analyze complex data to understand our audience and their behaviors
- Share your results with other Rioters in clear, illustrative presentations and dashboards
- Mentor other analysts, helping them learn from your experiences
- Bachelors in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Management Information Systems or a related discipline
- A graduate degree or if you have meaningful work experience in consulting, consumer insights, or product strategy, this is especially relevant.
- Three years + professional work experience analyzing large datasets, visualizing information, informing company strategy, statistical analysis
- Demonstrated accuracy of analysis results
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Advanced in Excel,, Presentation Software, and Tableau
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.