General Manager - 614 - Sioux City (PFW 20)
About the Job
If you’re both an animal lover and a people person, a position in one of our stores might be a great fit. We’re looking for people with a strong commitment to helping pets and their parents experience their very best lives together. When you join us, you’ll be part of a great team, working together to achieve sales goals while doing work you truly love.
- Responsible for managing employees which includes recruiting, reviewing job applications, and interviewing job applicants, checking references, conducting pre-employment background checks, hiring and training. Demonstration of exemplary customer service skills and tutoring of store personnel on Company standards.
- Expected to hear and resolve all manner of complaint including employee complaints and non-routine customer complaints, including complaints about associates.
- Complete and submit all account, inventory management and payroll reports accurately and on time. Reconciliation of daily grooming reports.
- Make decisions regarding damaged or discontinued merchandise. This includes evaluating and coordinating products to be returned to vendors for repair, refund or replacement and determining disposition of products that cannot be returned. Manage and control ongoing Shrink concerns and ensure that all store management and associates understand their roles and responsibilities reducing Shrink.
- Ensure the health and well being of livestock by providing the correct care in accordance with the established Petco standards, policies and procedures. Responsible for providing safety of customers, employees, livestock and property. Provide directions for changes needed in store set up and/or required clean-up to correct hazardous situations.
- Responsible for handling cash counting, supervision of cashiers and cash register service to maximize customer service and minimize loss of assets. Ensure that sufficient precautionary steps are taken to reduce exposure to refund fraud – including working and reviewing regularly the DLPR and Daily Cashier’s Reports.
- Ensure that the store is opened and closed in accordance with policies and procedures, especially those relating to safety and security.
- Manage store merchandising and independently make or participate in making decisions regarding store layout and displays, to enhance visual presentation of store and sales.
- Coordinate and assign routine housekeeping tasks as required to maintain the professional image, appearance and cleanliness of the store.
- Market the store and its products. Oversee planning of in-store and community events.