Hawaii Escrow Operations Manager
About the Job
Company SummaryJoin our Agency team! First American's Agency Division is dedicated to providing our policy-issuing agents with resources, services and underwriting guidance needed to achieve new levels of success. As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company’s continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com
Responsible for overseeing the Escrow Department operations for a high-volume branch within a defined area, including design, development, operations and servicing of all Escrow products.
· Manages escrow deposit relationships to assure profitability; to reduce the operating loss exposure through maintaining a current knowledge of sound procedures and the automated services and products designed to eliminate errors.
· Designs, implements and maintains Escrow Product Services to fully meet the needs of the existing and potential customers including product strategies and goals; pricing recommendations and promotions.
· Exercise appropriate judgment to identify and mitigate potential contingent risks, the dollar amounts which could be as great as the valued of the assets being transferred through the escrow process.
· Applies the various escrow regulations and solicits business accordingly.
· Opens, manages and closes the most complex escrow transactions in accordance with various legal codes; completes all processes independently
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
· Strong customer service orientation
· Detail orientation
· Excellent verbal communication
· Problem solving skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
· Four to ten years experience with two to four years of supervisory experience, with specialized knowledge in one or more escrow or title productsFirst American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.