Head Coach (Store Manager)
About the Job
Position: Head Coach (Store Manager)
Location: Thornton,CO, 80023
POSITION PURPOSE / SUMMARY STATEMENT (defines the major functions/purpose of the position):
The Head Coach oversees all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the store including: sales, customer service, recruiting and training, coaching, and maintaining store standards. Supervises and manages all employees, including enforcing company policies and procedures and corporate directives. Responsible for performance management of all direct reports. Maintains effective corporate office business partner relationships.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (include titles of positions directly reporting to this position):
- Assistant Head Coach, Team Lead, Team Player, Stock Associate
- Interacts with all levels throughout organization including employees and outside vendors
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND FUNCTIONS (List 5-12 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES; identify if they are 'Essential' or 'Marginal' and the % of time spent doing each - % of time must add up to 100%)
% of Time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitoring sales floor activities by walking and visually inspecting the store, make decisions regarding employee breaks, observe employee interactions with customers, and BOH assignments.
- Perform opening and closing tasks such as ensuring products are visually appealing for the next business day.
- Coach team members on sales strategy, presentation of product information and general customer service to uphold exceptional customer experience.
- Greet and assist customers, answer customer questions, and guide product selection in order to provide excellent customer service.
- Confirm sales targets are being met by monitoring hourly store and team member sales, and adjusting where necessary.
- Assist Stock Associate (if applicable at your location) in receiving and inspecting merchandise from the distribution center by counting and opening each box to ensure accurate number of product.
- Audit sales and transaction reports for accuracy and discrepancies as part of a loss prevention strategy.
- Maintain store appearance throughout business hours by restocking merchandise shelves, folding apparel and organizing shoe displays.
- Approve employee hours for payroll electronically and distribute paychecks.
- Recruit new talent to meet the store's coverage and demographic needs by reviewing resumes through Success Factors (applicant tracking system).
- Complete onboarding procedures (such as approving wage rate, ensuring all HR documents and training have been completed, etc).
- Enforce HR policy and procedures to ensure adherence, completing, the appropriate HR forms as needed.
- Complete employee performance reviews to tenured team members accountable for job expectations, and to assign annual merit increase
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Knowledge of selling techniques to promote and sell athletic footwear and apparel. This includes strategies on achieving expected sales goals.
- Uphold a positive attitude and be a team player.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- High sense of urgency.
- Reliable with a strong work ethic.
- Knowledge of the processes of recruitment, selection, training, coaching and development of personnel.
- Skilled in communicating orally, verbally and in writing to staff and upper management
- Skilled at teaching, instructing and directing to develop specific skills towards achieving a specific goal.
- Ability to make sound decisions that benefits the organization and uses judgment to properly execute organizational goals.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to recognize and assess problematic situations, and devise an appropriate and effective solution to include but not limited to the following:
- Team member conflicts
- Customer dissatisfaction with service or products
- Product inventory discrepancies
- Applying visual directives
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including holidays, nights, weekends in order to fit business needs.
- 3-5 years' retail management experience; sporting or athletic industry preferred.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, etc.
- Google Applications such as Gmail, Google Hangouts, etc. a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following PHYSICAL DEMANDS are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and squat the majority of the work shift
- Must be able to lift, move and carry up to 40 pounds
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Must have manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms.
- Moderate: Mostly standing, walking, bending, frequent lifting
WORK ENVIRONMENT: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
- Retail Locations: Works with the public in an indoor location that is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated. Noise levels are considered moderate.