Healthcare Economics Consultant - San Antonio, TX
About the Job
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
WellMed provides concierge - level medical care and service for seniors, delivered by physicians and clinic staff that understand and care about the patient’s health. WellMed’s proactive approach focuses on prevention and the complete coordination of care for patients. WellMed is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
The purpose of the Healthcare Economics Consultant is to help identify areas for medical cost savings and utilization improvements across all markets primarily through cost / process analysis and financial forecasting / modeling.
- Research, retrieve, design, and deliver organized analytics and reporting of medical claims
- Analyze benchmarking data, reports, processes, and measurements for key managed care indicators
- Forecast costs, utilization trends, and create financial models using claims and other healthcare data
- Contract analysis
- Develop / document business, analysis, and reporting requirements
- Assist in making decisions of considerable impact and consequence involving healthcare expense trends
- Independently interpret data, facts, and / or trends
- Develop innovative approaches to achieve deliverables
- Ad hoc analysis
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in a data analysis or financial analysis role
- At least an intermediate proficiency with SQL, ideally working with large data sets and including proficient query-writing skills
- Advanced level of proficiency with MS Excel
- Prior experience with Tableau or Power BI
- Managed care experience
- Ability to interact effectively with different business departments, team members, and external clients at all levels
- Strong communication skills; Written and verbal
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive results
- Desire to make an impact, manage multiple tasks, and shift priorities quickly
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: healthcare, health care, managed care, data, analysis, finance, economics, SQL, Excel, Tableau, Power BI, senior, lead, WellMed, San Antonio, TX, Texas