Hospital Services Tech I (Delivery Driver evening)
Vitalant Montvale, NJ
About the Job
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for picking up and delivering shipments. This includes loading and unloading the vehicle and delivering to the appropriate locations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Is responsible for bringing compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Drives a company vehicle to make deliveries and pickups.
- Packages shipments.
- Delivers and receives shipments.
- Prepares shipping materials and supplies.
- Performs daily visual company vehicle checklist and basic vehicle maintenance.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalency preferred.
- Ability to read and write required.
- No experience required.
- Driving experience in a business environment preferred.
- Good communication and customer relations skills in order to deal effectively with customers and staff.
- Physical ability to lift (up to 50 lbs), bend, stretch, reach and sit.
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy on paperwork.
- Able to work on-call, various shifts including evenings and weekends, and overtime.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have an acceptable driving record.