Ice Resurfacing Driver
About the Job
The Ice Resurfacing Driver will perform general labor duties as assigned. Duties include but not limited to building conversions for various events, familiarity with all aspects of facility operations and maintenance in addition to ice making, ice maintenance and repair.
The Centene Ice Center is a 4-sheet ice complex, with three indoor and one outdoor NHL-sized rinks which will serve as a hub of youth and amateur sports activity and as a place where the community can come together. It will be the official training and practice facility for the St Louis Blues and home to other local hockey programs, including Lindenwood University, the St Louis Blues Alumni, AAA Blues, and the Lady Cyclones. In addition to hockey and skating programs, games and tournaments, the outdoor rink will convert to a 5,000-seat concert venue and will also be used for community events and programming. You can learn more about the venue here: www.CenteneCommunityIceCenter.com
- Resurface the ice as scheduled
- Ability to take readings of Ice plant functions
- Assist with daily maintenance of Ice Resurface machines/Ice edger
- Assist MOD and Operations manager with potential ice surface problems
- Assist with ice maintenance including but not limited to building and painting.
- Assist with general building maintenance.
- Ability to perform general labor including removing dasher walls, glass, setting of tables and chairs, building stages, setting pipe and drape, detail cleaning, exterior maintenance, snow removal, painting, etc.
- Assist Custodial staff with Cleaning of locker rooms, emptying trash, sweeping floors and other jobs as assigned.
- Closing of building at end of night when scheduled.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on events, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Operations Manager or MOD.
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs.
- Possess driver's license
- Ice rink experience is an advantage
- Strong verbal skills in the English language
- Ability to work a flexible schedule is required, including but not limited to: traditional business hours, nights, weekends and select holidays
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.