IT Senior Endpoint Security Engineer – Telecommute
About the Job
Optum End User Technology Solution Delivery (EUTSD) is a group of over 500 team members across the globe dedicated to serving and supporting the end user computing environment within UnitedHealth Group.
We are seeking an End Point Security Engineer/Architect to work within Solution Development and Engineering. In this role you will be responsible for evaluation, engineering and architecture of security platform tools that perform Antivirus, Personal Firewall, Application/Device Support & ATP, (Advance Threat Protection) for the enterprise.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Evaluation, engineering, and architecture of security tools that perform Antivirus, Personal Firewall, Application/Device Support & ATP, (Advance Threat Protection)
- Work with Operations team to implement new software, policy configurations & settings
- Develop innovative approaches and solves complex problems
- Works to prevent and detect intrusions
- Monitors security systems and responds to security incidents
- Provides explanations, information and solutions to others on complex issues
Performs complex conceptual analysis
- 7+ years administering, deploying, and designing deployments of Endpoint security technologies, including Anti-Virus (AV), Anti-Malware, Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), Network Access Control (NAC), Host Based Intrusion Detection/Prevention (HIDS/HIPS) tools, Email protection tools, and Web Browser protection tools.
- 3+ years overseeing/managing a large enterprise scale endpoint security program
- 3+ years’ experience deploying, configuring, and maintaining an Enterprise Endpoint Protection Platform, i.e. Microsoft Windows Defender ATP (preferred), Symantec, McAfee, CrowdStrike, Trend Micro, etc.
- Good understanding of network technologies, and common network equipment function (switches, routers, proxies, load balancers, IP protocol suites)
- Strong understanding of native OS security controls such as Group Policy, MDM and Security Baselines
- Experience recommending evolutionary steps for endpoint management to ensure the existing endpoint environment can be adapted to meet future customer needs.
Preferred additional value:
- Skills on additional IT security control products.
- Experience managing macOS and various distributions of Linux
- Scripting Knowledge, i.e., PowerShell, .Net, Python, etc.
- Vendor certifications for endpoint security tools.
- IT Security and network technology certifications.
- Desktop engineering experience
- Experience architecting, deploying and managing enterprise systems management platforms such as SCCM, Symantec Management Platform, Ivanti Endpoint Manager (Landesk), IBM BigFix.
- Experience with ServiceNow ticketing and alert generation.
- Leadership experience
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.