IT Site Support Manager
About the Job
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
We are looking for an energetic, highly motivated and forward-looking IT professional to join the global IT Support and Communications organization in Boulder,CO. Your role is to drive excellence in IT Site Support and increase overall productivity and user satisfaction. You will be a member of the IT Support team whose aim is to provide a high level of hands-on support for IT services to help minimize business disruption due to IT service issues.
You will manage a small team of IT support specialists and technicians and will interact with local management and Quality Assurance to address local IT support issues and projects in a GMP regulated environment. You and your team will provide direct hands-on local support and will work with global IT support members to resolve problems as quickly as possible. This manager role requires IT technology skills and experience in a GMP regulated environment.
Local IT Infrastructure
- Manage the daily operations of the IT Site Support department
- Manage, maintain, and support the local IT Infrastructure (local servers, backups, Closed Domain) and coordinate activities with Agilent IT services and support teams
- Manage deployment and support of PCs and end-user technologies
- Manage compliance activities related to IT Infrastrure projects in a GMP regulated environment and ensure compliance to Agilent IT policies and procedures.
- Lead, or participate in, local and global system implementation projects and introduction of new technologies.
- Ensure that systems are performing efficiently and with high availability
- Coordinate support activities and schedules to ensure continuous coverage and high service level.
- Monitor the Helpdesk system to verify that tickets are being addressed properly and timely.
- Analyze complex system issues and escalate issues that cannot be resolved locally to specialized global IT support teams.
- Ensure that tickets are properly documented and that support staff communicate with users and other global IT staff throughout the resolution of issues.
- Develop user communications, user guides, and training programs to increase end user computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Provide system administration services including user accounts management, Data Integrity setup, database administration.
- Develop and coach team members to deliver quality support; ensure cross-training to ensure adequate support coverage.
- Define local procedures for the improvement of IT Site Support activities.
- Define system road maps and propose upgrade plans to keep the IT supported systems in compliance with IT security and support standards.
- Acquire and maintain excellent knowledge of IT support areas and systems; understand customer support needs.
- Analyze performance of Helpdesk activities, document issues, propose process enhancements to improve quality of service and prevent future problems.
- Motivate, train, and advise staff to deliver professional and courteous support.
- Solicit feedback from local managers and users to ensure that service level is appropriate.