Java Engineer (Applications Systems Engineer 5)
About the Job
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
The Wholesale Cross Business Analytics team is seeking an experienced Java Engineer who will focus on ongoing development and support of multiple Java and Oracle based applications. The Wholesale Core Business Analytics Applications (WCBAA) team delivers technology solutions with sustainable compliance, efficiency, and innovation across Wells Fargo Technology. Java Engineer responsibilities include providing technical leadership to the development team in: service design and development; integration with module teams; defining the platform operational capabilities; and deploying and qualifying the platform. Additionally, this Engineer will lead application upgrades and monitoring, and participate in production support, release, and deployment activities.
This role will have the following responsibilities:
- Analyzing complex shared services platform technical and business requirements leading to effective design, implementation, and deployment
- Providing technical leadership to less experienced team members through technical analysis, design, construction, and deployment of platform services
- Actively participating in the daily development activities as a member of the development team
- Actively participating in the development of design documentation, departmental technical guidelines, checklists, software engineering best practices, and How-to guides for developers
- Working with Systems Test to ensure effective testing of all services prior to release
- Partnering with Systems Integration Testing and the migration of platform services and applications to production
- Assuring quality, security, and compliance requirements are met for supported area and overseeing project and release to production
- Providing leadership in researching and tracking new web technologies, developing service applications, and analyzing business requirements as they pertain to web-based systems
- Verifying program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing, and debugging of programs
- Participating in overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production
- Assuring quality, security, and compliance requirements are met for all services, as well as overseeing creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan (BCP)
Other Desired Qualifications
- 6+ years of Core Java experience
- 7+ years of Tomcat development or implementation experience
- Aptitude for understanding platform strategy, concepts, and requirements, and transforming those into functioning reusable services
- Experience with code migration and environment management activities
- Proven track record of effective cross team interaction and collaboration with both technical and business partner teams
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.