About the Job
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:The Kitchen Supervisor is an experienced culinary professional who possesses skills in all of a la carte dining. The Kitchen Supervisor provides support for the Executive Chef and Sous Chef, and is responsible for the department operation in their absence.
Indicators of Success:
Achievement of customer satisfaction and loyalty goals Achievement of food & beverage revenue and profit goals
Areas of Responsibility:
Oversees the line operation in all areas in the absence of the Sous Chef. Assists the Executive Chef and Sous Chef with the day to day operation of the line.
- Provides relief on the line where needed, as needed in the absence of line staff.
- Prepares work checklist and oversees the organization of work stations for each shift
- Organizes and maintains work areas, coolers and storage areas.
- Checks and maintains coolers and storage areas for cleanliness, quantity and quality of food products.
- Closing supervisor as scheduled following standard operating procedures.
- Takes proper care of ranges, ovens, broilers, fryers, griddles, utensils and other equipment
Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing exceptional hospitality and by exceeding guest expectations
- Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
- Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
- Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to ensure 100% Guest Satisfaction
- Performs other duties as required to provide exceptional hospitality
Prepares and properly garnishes all food orders in accordance with menu specifications
- Prepares sauces, soups and hot entrees in accordance with menu
- Presents food using proper plate presentation techniques
- Coordinates completion of menu items with server
- Sets up for meals by ensuring proper amounts are in place for forecasted covers, special functions and any reservations
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.