About the Job
At The Standard, you’ll join a team focused on putting our customers first.
Our continued success is driven by a high-performance culture. We’re looking for people who are collaborative, accountable, creative, agile and are driven by a passion for doing what’s right – across the company and in our local communities.
We offer a caring culture where you can make a real difference, every day.
Ready to reach your highest potential? Let’s work together.
LEAN Coach for the enterprise Lean Center of Excellence (CoE). This position will report to the AVP, Lean CoE and partner with Sr. Lean coaches in the CoE on deployment of Lean practices across the enterprise. This is a hgihly visiable team in our organization and offers the opportunity to make a strong impact and excellent future growth potential.
This position will be responsible for the following activities under the guidance of a Sr. Lean Coach or independantly (depending upon scope of the work):
- Deployment and ongoing sustainment of Lean Management Systems (LMS) across the enterprise
- Development of lean training programs and curriculum
- Delivery of training and infrastructure for the Lean CoE in support of Lean adoption
- Facilitation of value stream improvement engagements focused on improving operational and technological processes to achieve greater efficiencies and effectiveness in Operations and Technology
- Ability to coach and mentor teams, business leaders down to associates in the organization as they utilize lean tools to solve business problems
- Project management responsibilities to keep Initiatives on track and making results visible through completion. Support the deployment of Lean Tools and methodologies through Sustainment Phase
- Act as Subject Matter Expert on Lean Process Improvement Initiatives
- Support and/or lead deployment of Lean Management System.
1. Education: 4 year college degree in Engineering, Finance, Economics or Business related field required, Graduate degree preferred or related experience
2. Experience: At least 7 to 10 years of professional process improvement related experience. Specifically need experience with lean tools such as huddles, kaizen event facilitation, value stream mapping, standard work, process mapping etc.
• Solid facilitation and presentation skills. Experience facilitating Kaizen events
• Ability to structure complex problems, define and conduct critical analysis, extract key insights and assist leaders in defining future state designs and adaptive implementation models
• Solid interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with all levels of management
• Ability to influence at the process owner level and value stream owner level of the organization
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.