Maintenance Utility Worker Technician
About the Job
Company:US0025 Sysco Albany, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:0-1 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
This is an Operations position responsible for checking oil, fluids, tire pressure and fueling all equipment.
- Fuel every piece of delivery equipment daily.
- Check all fluid levels of power equipment daily.
- Assist the fleet shop when needed.
- Work with both fleet shop and night warehouse management to ready equipment for use.
- Aid Wash Bay Associate as needed.
- Keep parking lot clean and free of debris.
- Support the night truck spotters to organize the truck yard.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 months related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Able to write simple correspondence.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Can add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Learn to drive and back-up tractor-trailers and straight trucks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.