Manager Market Consultation - Field based in Indiana
About the Job
We all agree that health care can perform better if we continue to challenge the status quo. Right? That's why people like you and organizations like UnitedHealth Group are driving ever higher levels of sophistication in how provider networks are composed and compensated. Your expertise in provider networks can help us build in the next phase of evolution. In this managerial role, you'll use your knowledge and analytical skills to help determine how clinical providers group up by specialty and service line. As you do, you'll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
Manager role is responsible for leading field resources and the successful implementation of provider-focused programs in the state of Indiana.
- Guide the development of group specific work plans utilizing available member stratification and data sources
- Review and manage tactical work plans of field resources to validate ongoing progression toward client goals
- Escalate to and work with leadership to implement change in tactics if needed
- Participate in the development of business strategy
- Provide oversight and guide HCA activities in accordance with client/market goals and objectives
- Demonstrate and use knowledge of market dynamics when executing programs and initiatives
- Solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Coordinate with market Directors to develop market specific work plans/business plans and deliver them to each customer
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches.
- Manage and promote collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Work independently and as a team member
- Conduct meetings with Key Stakeholders, e.g., customers, providers, Network Staff
- Collaborate with Health Plans to strategize on key market areas of focus and outreach interventions
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of CMS requirements and regulations as it relates to the risk adjustment model
- Develop and execute on Medicaid and HEDIS performance metrics, if indicated in your market
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- 5+ years of experience working with a managed care organization, health insurer, or consultant in a network management role, such as contracting or provider services
- Superior ability to assess information and create a tactical plan
- Able to use Data to Drive Results, Problem Solving, Strategic Thinking
- Project management or project lead experience
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives to produce positive results in a dynamic environment
- Ability to convey complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with various levels of leadership
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency on Healthcare Advocate Core Competencies
- Ability to travel regionally up to 25%
- Post-graduate degree
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Manager Market Consultation, Indiana, Telecommute