Medical Receptionist - Newington, CT
About the Job
ProHealth Physicians of Newington (OptumCare Co) has an immediate opening for friendly, patient focused and detailed oriented Medical Receptionist to join our team. The position is a 40 hours full time approximately 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. as needed, Monday to Friday. May be asked to float to other local practices for coverage. The exact hours will be determined upon hire by the Practice Manager.
- Schedule and triage appointment requests for urgency according to approved protocols consistent with ProHealth’s Appointment and Scheduling Guidelines.
- Consult a medical assistant or licensed clinician for clinical decision making whenever necessary.
- Use call processing and other applicable functionality in the EHR to take messages and communicate with clinicians.
- Greet patients and conduct check-in process.
- Monitor daily reminder call logs to reschedule appointments as needed.
- Scan and index documents into the EHR; ensure that necessary documents, lab results, etc. are available in advance of patient visits.
- Close payment batch(es) at the end of each shift, assemble and balance batch(es) according to ProHealth cash control procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of current OSHA and ProHealth policies.
- Assist coworkers as needed to assure smooth office operation and delivery of excellent service through teamwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Basic computer literacy
- Office Administrative/Receptionist/Clerical experience in a fast paced environment (2+ years of experience is preferred)
- Experience working with an electronic health record
- Medical office setting experience
- Knowledge of medcal terminology
- Knowledge of ICD - 10 and CPT coding
- Bilingual Spanish