Medical Sonographer ARDMS Per Diem Bexar Imaging San Antonio TX
About the Job
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
A Diagnostic Medical Sonographer is an individual who provides patient care services using ultrasound and related diagnostic procedures. The Sonographer must be educationally prepared and clinically competent as a prerequisite to practice. The Sonographer functions as a delegated agent of the physician and does not practice independently. Sonographers use independent, professional, ethical judgment and critical thinking to safely perform procedures. A Sonographer should, within the boundaries of all applicable legal requirements and restrictions, exercise individual thought, judgment and discretion in the performance of procedures.
- Appropriately adapts assigned assessment, treatment and/or care methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, and age specific and other developmental needs of each person served.
- Receives relays and documents written and electronic orders in the patient’s medical record.
- Corroborates a patient’s clinical history with procedure and ensures information is documented and available for use by a licensed independent practitioner.
- Verifies informed consent for applicable procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for patient needs during procedures.
- Applies safety principles to minimize risks to patient, self and others.
- Evaluates images for technical quality, ensuring proper identification is recorded, correctly formats images, prints films/CDs, and/or sends images to the (Picture Archiving And Communications System) PACS system.
- Identifies and responds to emergency situations.
- Provides education to patients, families and other health care providers.
- Performs ongoing quality assurance activities.
- Is knowledgeable of and adheres to all regulatory requirements surrounding the use of Revital-Ox Resert High Level Disinfectant and associated equipment.
- Applies the principles of patient safety during all aspects of patient care.
- Determines appropriate technical exposure factors.
- Analyzes the information obtained during the assessment phase and develops an action plan that identifies and selects appropriate procedure protocol based on the ordered procedure.
- Adheres to the American Society of Radiologic Technologist and/or Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Clinical, Quality and Professional Performance Standards as outlined in the appropriate Scope of Practice.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
WellMed at Bexar Imaging is near NE 410 Loop - North Star Mall and Jason Deli, 78216
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Graduate of an AMA approved Program in Medical Sonography.
- Must have current ARDMS General, Breast and Vascular Certifications.
- Must meet continuing education requirements to maintain credentials at all times.
- Associates degree in Health Related Field.
- Three or more years’ experience as an Ultra sonographer in all areas listed.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 30 pounds of force
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to properly drive and operate a company vehicle
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.