Mercy Hospital Springfield Pediatric General Surgery Physician Opportunity
About the Job
Mercy Hospital - Springfield is recruiting a full-time pediatric general surgeon to join Mercy Kids, a comprehensive children's hospital in Springfield, MO. We offer a dedicated pediatric emergency department with level II trauma status, pediatric operating rooms, a beautiful clinic suite located right next to the hospital, a St.Jude's children site, and access to a large referral network of general pediatricians plus specialists. A very successful ramp-up is anticipated as volumes are high and competition is minimal. A partnership with Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital in St. Louis allows for educational and research capabilities as well as partners for difficult cases. Candidates must be fellowship trained in pediatric surgery and a skill set with a wide variety of B&B and complicated cases.
Mercy Hospital Springfield
- 877-bed tertiary hospital and regional referral center for a four state catchment area
- Level II pediatric trauma center for Missouri and Arkansas
- 11-Bed dedicated pediatric ED with level II trauma status with addition of pediatric surgery
- Dedicated pediatric ORs for inpatient and outpatient surgery
- 12-bed PICU, 45-bed level III NICU, 30 bed inpatient pediatric floor
- 700+ physicians across all medical specialties
- Most pediatric sub-specialties are represented including anesthesiology, GI, neonatology, orthopedics, neurosurgery, burn and trauma surgery, plastics, ENT, ophthalmology, pulmonology, neurology, psychiatry, and in-house critical care and hospitalists
- Ample OR access - we will get and keep you as busy as you desire
- System-wide EPIC EMR for both hospital and clinic
Mercy Springfield Pediatric General Surgery Offers:
- Access to a wide variety of interesting cases - you will be the primary pediatric surgeon for the region
- Relationship with Cardinal Glennon pediatric surgeons for support
- St. Jude's Children's Research site provides amazing resources and ability for cancer cases if desired
- Opportunity for leadership available
- Aggressive compensation package with guaranteed salary plus opportunity for wRVU and quality incentives. Realistic earning potential above the MGMA 75%
- High wRVU volumes available for hard-working surgeon
- $50,000 signing bonus or fellowship stipend
- Relocation package up to $16,000
- Experienced pediatric surgery nurse practitioner with you starting day one
- Experienced and supportive office staff and administration
- Rated in the top 5% nationally for overall clinical excellence by Healthgrades
- Forbes “America’s Best Employers” two years in a row
- Comprehensive benefits package for the entire family
- Occurrence-based liability insurance
Living in Springfield is easy with everything you need! We have a plentiful and growing job market, great schools, universities, world-class health care, and all the entertainment and cultural options of a big city—but with far less stress and an abundance of character and friendliness. Enjoy a top 10 city for low cost of living and top 20 best places to live and work! Minutes from Branson and easy trips to Kansas City and St. Louis!
Mercy, a four-time IBM Watson Health top five large U.S. health system in 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016, is a faith-based organization and serves millions annually. Located in seven states, Mercy is comprised of 40 hospitals and more than 2,500 Mercy Clinic physicians. We have hospitals in Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas, and Oklahoma, as well as underserved clinics in Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas.
Mercy Clinic is a strong, physician-led and professionally-managed multi-specialty group. Today, Mercy Clinic is ranked one of the largest integrated physician organizations in the country by SK&A, in the company of Kaiser Permanente Medical Group, Cleveland Clinic and Mayo Clinic.
Become a part of our legacy and help us build a healthier future.
For more information, contact:
Todd Vandewalker, MHA | Senior Physician Recruiter