Network Engineer 6- Distributed Performance Engineer
About the Job
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
This senior level network engineer will be a part of the Distributed Performance Engineering team. This person will deep dive on how applications perform across the global network, how the network will be impacted from a new application or upgraded/enhanced application before deployment and perform traffic modeling for growth. The engineer will employ an analytical approach, leverage various simulation models, perform traffic engineering studies, and will partner across technologies to help the business deliver timely solutions that exceed service level expectations while managing risk.
The ideal candidate is a highly skilled, very detailed, analytical, and self-motivating individual who takes the initiative on identifying issues, quantifying risks, and drive improvements. Candidate must also have in-depth experience with the Network, including Data Center connectivity and WAN circuits, along with extensive network tooling experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Simulation of new application deployments – Network load testing support.
- Simulation of planned applications in offline Production network models for capacity impact (analytic modeling) and performance tuning (discrete event modeling).
- Analyze, visualize and predict transactional behavior and performance and then rollout to validate initial requirements and recommendations.
- Test the effect of proposed application and infrastructure changes on application performance.
- Perform application thread analysis to identify potential application tuning opportunities.
- Propose and present recommendations regarding network and application efficiencies to all levels of Management, including Executive Level.
- Develop and enhance application infrastructure communication reports and interpret communication trends.
- Model and forecast application growth impacts and effects on capacity.
- Analyze network capacity to identify trends, peaks/spikes in traffic, inefficiencies and atypical behavior for timing of future upgrades to links and tunnels to meet service level objectives.
- Review routing for new applications for latency and performance analysis.
- Leverage best-in-class analytics to evaluate various scenarios in off-line models – leveraging production network configuration, loading, flows and routing such as VPN or QoS configuration.
- Model and forecast capacity, performance and service delivery across multiple service areas.
- Model application survivability with single/compounded multiple failure scenarios at the circuit, infrastructure and site.
Other Desired Qualifications
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.