About the Job
PlayStation, Sony Interactive Entertainment
(Aliso Viejo, CA)
As a primary member of the Network Engineering and Operations team you will be responsible for the development, support and mid to long term considerations of an advanced global IP network that adheres to the highest standards to provide robust, low latency game streaming services to PlayStation Now customers around the globe. You will help build the network while contributing to an automation first operations mindset (DevOps) to increase our efficiencies and ability to scale.
- Contribute to our oncall and daily operations tasks including troubleshooting and resolving network faults, processing new requests and maintenances, and implementing changes.
- Respond to network events to provide timely resolution of incidents.
- Leverage networking tools to identify and mitigate network anomalies.
- Analyze application data and traffic flow data to identify and improve on sub-optimal network behaviors.
- Leverage and assist in the development of automation tools and processes to proactively monitor the health of the network and respond to events.
- Participate in developing policies, procedures and technical reports associated with operating and maintaining the global network.
- Guide and assist deployment engineers in the implementation of new topologies and services.
- Contribute to the design and enhancement of the global backbone and datacenter infrastructures.
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals (e.g. TCP/IP, Ethernet, IP Addressing/Subnetting, VLANs, etc.)
- Familiarity with service provider IGP implementations.
- Experience with backbone and edge routing policy, engineering, and operation in a multi-transit, multi-peer environment.
- Comfortable with core backbone routers, layer 2 and layer 3 switches
- Capable of mentoring junior-level network engineers in all aspects of network design, operations and deployment.
- Experience with ISIS, MPLS, IPv6, and L2/L3 VPN services.
- Experience with Linux system administration.
- Experience with MP-BGP routing policy in a global network environment.
- Experience with cluster networking/CLOS fabrics
- Experience with router firewall policies.
- Experience with Juniper MX , QFX, SRX, and EX series platforms.
- Experience working in load balancer topologies.
- Experience with optical media and optical transport systems.
- Experience using a distributed version control system (git).
- Experience building automation tools for large infrastructures.
- Experience working in a globally distributed team and/or with IT Service Management (e.g. ITIL).