Network Manager - Manufacturing Systems
About the Job
Manufacturing Network Manager
The Manufacturing Network Manager will report to the Sr. Manager of Manufacturing Solutions in Thermo Fisher Manufacturing IT. The individual will be responsible for development and execution of network infrastructure enterprise strategies and systems specific to GxP Plant Manufacturing Systems. This position will be responsible for the design, implementation and support of operational LAN and WLAN environments specific to manufacturing IT systems. This position will be a best practice “expert” and demonstrate prior experience assessing, surveying, designing, implementing, configuring, operating and troubleshooting network infrastructure and related components. The individual will collaborate with architects and engineers from other division within Thermo Fisher Scientific to ensure the best comprehensive designs for the environment. The qualified candidate should be familiar with implementation of Cisco CPwE and ISA-95 Automation Standards.
- Provide technical excellence for PSG core platforms (Routing and Switching, DWDM, Wireless, Network Protocols, Cable Plant, IPTV, Security, Service Delivery).
- Consult with vendors, Engineering and Plant Automation on network technology capabilities and limitations.
- Develop close working relationships with all engineering teams.
- Adhere to defined network protocols, routing, switching, DWDM, wireless and network infrastructure.
- Collaborate with IT Operations.
- Measure and monitor network architecture performance and recommends areas for improvement.
- Provide third level support on PSG Manufacturing IT platforms.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support.
- Handle technology implementations and migrations.
- Performs all job related duties as requested.
- Develop and Administer Manufacturing Enterprise Reference Architecture Standards for GMP network systems.
- Coordinate integration of manufacturing IT systems into the overall PSG manufacturing IT network.
- Work with leadership to establish strategic vendor relationships targeted to improve system support and reduce cost
- Interface with peer managers in ETO to implement technical solutions that are GMP compliant and meet Thermo Fisher Standards including:
- Specialized monitoring, backup solutions, network hardening, etc. specific to a regulated segmented network environment.
- Security standards unique to GxP segmented environments aligned to CIS guidelines
- Lead technical team responsible for management and implementation of Global GxP network solutions.
- Provide monthly reports on global GxP Enterprise network health, vulnerabilities, and lifecycle management
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to work with limited guidance in a matrixed, complex environment while owning responsibility of the MERA network
- Must demonstrate the ability to help guide and lead the work of others
- Builds strong teams who are willing to go beyond expected or assigned roles
- Possess a strong fundamental understanding of complex IT systems, environments, equipment needs, and processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to interact effectively with others internal and external to the Company
- Strong presentation skills with proven experience delivering formal presentations to various levels of management
- Self-motivated and independent thinker who can translate circumstances and understanding into actions that move the business forward; ability to work independently without significant direction
- Excellent critical thinking, troubleshooting, crisis management, and decision-making skills, with the ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines in a complex, matrixed environment
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to advise stakeholders on complex technical subjects that are outside of the area of their expertise in concise terms they can understand.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a passion for driving execution at a detailed level, while still maintaining the ability to see the big picture
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Identifies and supports process improvement initiatives to support global teams for streamlining procedures
- Directs work in controlled environments to support enhancements, break-fix issues and data migration with development teams and site resources
- Ability to provide on-call Tier 3 support to quickly resolve production impacting issues when needed.
Minimum Requirements/ Qualifications
- Technical degree in computer networking or related field.
- Expertise with management, delivery and full accountability with large, enterprise wide projects
- Regulatory, IT Compliance, Change Management knowledge
- Hi-tech manufacturing knowledge and experience.
- Experience working in a matrix and shared services environment.
- 10 years enterprise system and network administration experience in regulated environments preferred.
- Global cross-cultural experience preferred.