Network Pricing Senior Consultant - Telecommute
About the Job
You’ve been working your way to this opportunity for some time now. You’ve learned to lead. You’ve build a deep expertise in health care network operations. You’ve set your sights on having more impact in more ways. It’s time to join our leadership team and help UnitedHealth Group as we help make the health system more efficient and effective. You’ll leverage your expertise and knowledge in new ways as you strike the balance between health care costs and resources. Managing a team responsible for performing unit cost and contract valuation analysis, you’ll ensure that health care contracts are priced accurately and fairly for all involved. As you do, you’ll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you’d expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
- Lead the design and creation of analytic models to evaluate financial impact of business strategies
- Lead the development of strategic initiatives aimed at reducing the total cost of care
- Lead projects to completion by contributing to database creation, statistical modeling and financial reports
- Concisely summarize and communicate the results of complex analytics
- Influence pricing strategies and network configuration decisions using a data driven approach
- Provide consultative advice on use of data as subject matter expert and interpret/summarize analytical findings
- Evaluate financial impacts of network configurations across hospital, ancillary and physician provider types
- Analyze and summarize broad impact of changes in network configurations to premium price differentials
- Work with cross-functional teams across the organization to make strategic decisions supported by data
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of analytical experience in financial analysis, health care pricing, network management, healthcare economics or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in creating and using financial modeling tools, spreadsheets, and information acquisition tools to perform financial impact analytics and data manipulation
- Expert level proficiency in MS Excel
- 3+ years of experience working with large databases to produce a focused analysis with proficiency in SAS/SQL for data manipulation and reporting
- Undergraduate degree
- Moderate proficiency in Tableau
As we make our networks more efficient and effective, we make life better for millions. That’s the opportunity with UnitedHealth Group. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: A , Florida, FL
Job Keywords: Analytics, Financial, Healthcare Pricing, Network Management
, Florida, FL