Nurse Advice Line Registered Nurse 24/7 Nights Weekends Compact Multi State Telecommute
About the Job
The quality of care we provide our patients doesn't change no matter how it is delivered. Joining UnitedHealth Care as an Advice Line Registered Nurse can be your opportunity to offer a higher level of care to our members. While your work will take place over the phone, you'll have a direct impact on the lives of our members, recommending an appropriate level of clinical care and connecting them with the resources they need to make informed health decisions. You'll act as a compass for our members, guiding them through a complex medical environment as you identify appropriate providers and services, act as a health coach and provide referrals in order to optimize health outcomes. This is an exciting time to join a truly inspired organization. Take this opportunity and begin doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Assesses patient's current health status and recommends appropriate level of care based on clinical judgment and protocols
- Adheres to ethical, legal/regulatory and accreditation standards
- Assesses consumer's understanding of their condition and identifies potential care and/or provider gaps
- Provides health education and coaches consumers on treatment alternatives to assist them in best decision making
- Assesses readiness to change, offering opportunities for intervention that will assist consumers in reaching their health care goals
- Uses coaching techniques, activation and motivational skills to empower the member to take action and participate in the shared decision making process
- Supports consumers in selection of best physician and facility to maximize access, quality, and to manage heath care cost
- Empowers consumers with skills to enhance their interaction with their provider
- Coordinates services and referrals to health programs and community services
- Assesses and triages immediate health concerns
- Manages utilization through education
- Collaboratively plans care with member
- Active, unrestricted Compact RN license in your state of residence
- 2+ years of RN experience
- Proficient level of experience with Microsoft Office applications, and strong technical aptitude
- Multiple state licensure (in addition to Compact License) or ability to obtain multiple state nursing licenses required
- United States Citizenship
- Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following submission of Defense Health Agency eQuip Form SF86
- Ability to work a shift that includes: evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays
- Must have a hard - wire internet connection in your home
- 3+ years of Behavioral Health experience
- 3+ years of OBGYN experience
- 3+ years of experience working with Pediatric population
- Coaching, motivational interviewing and / or decision support experience
- Triage experience
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Case Management experience
As a requirement of UnitedHealth Group's contract with the Department of Defense, this position requires U.S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86, (the National Agency Check Legal and Credit or NACLC). Successful completion of the NACLC process is a requirement for continued employment in this role. NACLC processing will be initiated by our TRICARE Security Officer post-offer, and can take 3 - 6 months for a final decision communication from the Department of Defense. Candidates will be allowed to begin employment with UnitedHealth Group in this role based on an interim clearance, and final results will be communicated as they are received. Failure to obtain final NACLC approval will result in termination from this role.
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RN, Compact RN license, Compact license, Behavioral health, OBGYN, Pediatric, Call Center, Triage, Case Management, Telecommute, Work from home, Virtual, telecommute, Houston, Tampa, Atlanta, St. Louis, Phoenix