Nurse Aid Training RN Instructor
About the Job
We are currently seeking a Nurse Aid Training (NAT) Instructors, in Richmond, VA.
This is a part-time position, working 19 hours a week or less, to include days with occasional evenings and weekends in our Richmond, VA American Red Cross Chapter location.
60% travel to clinical facilities for class instruction, in the same county as the posted position.
Driving personal vehicle to clinical facilities
Teaching a wide range of students (many different goals, education, background)
RN with 2 years total nursing experience, including 1-year experience providing direct patient care in a long-term care facility within the last 5 years) REQUIRED!!
Provides instruction and certification in the Red Cross Nurse Assistant Training (NAT) program; the primary responsibility includes planning, teaching and evaluating course participants in the classroom and clinical skills performance, leading to successful completion of the program. The instructor will provide a quality program that meets state regulations and compliance standards as well as meet the expectations for the course participants.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plans, coordinates, manages and directs the classroom, skills lab, and clinical setting training experience for students
• Evaluates interpersonal skills, technical skills, and knowledge base of students in classroom, skill lab and clinical setting at regular intervals to measure student performance
• Maintains confidential, accurate and complete records and reports as required by state and federal regulations and American Red Cross policy
• Responsible for efficient and effective use of all supplies and materials, maintaining appropriate controls for loss reduction and documenting replacement needs
• Maintains a cooperative working relationship with clinical sites and staff to provide a comprehensive and safe learning environment for students
• Completes and submits course records and reports in a timely manner, meeting required deadlines.
• Meets 100% compliance for record keeping and program delivery requirements
• Engages in regular effective communications with students, staff, and other stakeholders regarding programmatic changes and quality management issues.
• Supports program completion activities such as graduation, recognition ceremonies and student development activities as requested
• Remains current on state regulations and training standards
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to successfully complete appropriate instructor training as required by American Red Cross and the state. Experience with adult education preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Unrestricted, current RN or LVN license for the State of VA required
• Adult education experience preferred
• Must meet state minimum nursing and teaching experience requirements for instructors
RN with 2 years total nursing experience, including 1-year experience providing direct patient care in a long-term care. Must have worked the equivalent of 2000 hours as a treatment nurse in a long-term care nursing home setting as a RN (PRN employment does not count towards this requirement)
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.