Nurse Practitioner House Calls AR & MO Statewide Traveler
About the Job
This is a Statewide Traveler position which requires travel throughout the state of Arkansas and Missouri.
We’re fast becoming the nation’s largest employer of Nurse Practitioners; offering a superior professional environment and incredible opportunities to make a difference in the lives of patients. This growth is not only a testament to our model’s success but the efforts, care, and commitment of our Nurse Practitioners.
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation’s largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family. We’re also the career home for Nurse Practitioners who bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day.
If you want more meaning in your career - as a clinician or a business professional – take this opportunity and apply. It’s the first step in a new career that will enable you to do your life’s best work.(sm)
How about an added bonus of help with paying down your student loans? Nurse Practitioners hired into Traveler roles are eligible to receive a sign on bonus OR a reduced sign-on bonus plus three years of student loan repayment assistance through our Student Loan Repayment (SLR) program. This could mean up to an additional $40K in benefits to you as well as the opportunity to pay down your student loan faster!
In this role, you will conduct in-home health assessments on enrolled Medicare Advantage members, Community and State and several other plans. The Traveler Nurse Practitioner assignments will be defined based on current business needs.
- Travel up to 100%
- Conduct in-home assessments on health plan members
- Identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management
- Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge, judgment and current findings
- Communicate gaps in care to member’s PCP
- Identify referral needs
- Identify urgent and emergent situations for proper intervention
- Educate members on topics related to health conditions and promotion
- Compliance with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
- FNP, GNP, ANP, board certified or eligible with an active, unencumbered licensure free any open / unresolved disciplinary actions including probation or restrictions against privilege to practice
- Must be able to travel by public transportation (eg. Trains, Airplanes, Subways, Ferry, etc.)
- Must have the ability to travel to member’s visit location
- Must be able to travel to assigned locations
- Proficient with electronic medical records and the internet
- Ability to lift 30 pound bag in and out of care and up and down stairs as needed
- Ability to navigate stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions and configurations
- Ability to sit, stand and kneel as needed to perform physical assessment
- 3+ years of experience in a clinical setting
- Home Health Care or Nursing Home experience
- Strong communication skills with the geriatric or Medicare population
- Detailed oriented; dependable and reliable
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus and/or Loan Repayment is available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus or Loan Repayment unless they are newly moving to this role Traveling Nurse Practitioner.
Also eligible for the pilot will be current Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants who newly transfer into one of the open traveler roles
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner Jobs, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, NP, Home Health, Primary Care, AR, Arkansas, MO, Missouri