Operation Systems Engineer 5
About the Job
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
Acts as a lead in providing technical guidance and consultation associated with operating systems or subsystems. Defines systems software and/or hardware requirements and determines system specifications and/or customizations. Coordinates the design of subsystems and integration of total systems. Provides the strategy and design to build a utility for systems programming tasks required for installations, configurations, upgrades and testing. Develops new documentation, departmental procedures and user support guides. Consults with management, customers and staff and recommends process and procedure improvements. Identifies and provides guidance to less experienced staff and/or resolves highly complex production problems. Leads projects, allocates and manages resources and manages the work of less experienced staff. Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Proven track record of documenting, engineering, and testing Windows OS based desktop images (Windows 10).
- Proven track record integrating security products into Microsoft Windows
- Experience engineering and integrating solutions based Windows OS technologies. 2+ years of experience creating visual reports with one or combination of the following: SSRS, Tableau, or PowerBI
- Previous hands-on experience with a Big Data Analytics platforms that perform log collection, analysis, correlation, and alerting, preferably Splunk.
- Experience with Regular Expressions and/or Perl.
- Strong logical/critical thinking abilities, especially analyzing events or debug data (windows event logs, network traces, crash reports, crash dumps).
- Demonstrated experience engineering or supporting imaging solutions based on the Windows Operating system, including software application engineering and OS troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience writing basic script solutions based on VBScript and/or Powershell to support engineering and image integration requirements.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Infrastructure (DNS, DHCP, WINS, AD, Exchange, SQL, Group Policies, SMS, DFS). Strong background on the integration of core security products such as firewall, disk encryption and wireless communications protocols.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.