Operational Initiatives Manager 2
About the Job
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful, and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, and both individual and institutional retirement.
WIM has embarked on a multi-year initiative called WIM Next Generation to transform from its current federation of businesses that collaborate to ONE WIM line of business that is better, faster, and simpler. Our new model will enable growth, enhance our ability to serve our clients, make us competitive in today’s dynamic environment, and position us to reach our full potential.
With this in mind, we are consolidating all operational capabilities into a new WIM Operations group which will enable the delivery of all WIM products and services, and result in scalable operations capabilities, reduce operational risk, contribute to a differentiated client experience, and simplify process flows and technology infrastructure.
This Transformation Lead role maintains a multi-faceted set of responsibilities centered on the execution of transformational change within WIM Operations, and reports directly to the Head of Transformation for Operations. This role will be responsible for collaborating with peers and the Head of Transformation to iteratively define the transformation agenda in order to realize significant and tangible operating results for the business/function in a manner responsive to evolving business needs and in touch with relevant industry trending. The role will be relied upon as a trusted advisor and proxy for the Head of Transformation in key strategic settings, and will be tasked with ownership of key components of the overall transformation agenda.
The Transformation Lead role will serve in a leadership capacity with a lean group of delivery analysts working to ensure solutions are designed, integrated, and controlled to improve overall effectiveness, limit risk exposure, and create efficiencies as appropriate. The role will be expected to focus solutions on optimal process and enabling digital capabilities across operations wherever feasible and beneficial to the business and our end client base. Individuals in this role will be expected to utilize a baseline of Wealth Management industry experience and specifically experience in realizing transformational change to inform solutions and provide perspective on critical success factors. Expertise in the area of Client Onboarding and/or Money Movement activities – particularly related to KYC / AML – including experience in transformational initiatives in this space a major plus.
By leveraging and influencing key resources and stakeholders, the Transformation Lead will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Work with Head of Transformation to organize and drive the Operations Transformation agenda, keeping under consideration:
- Enterprise-level strategic priorities
- Regulatory points of emphasis or urgent MRAs
- Evolving business needs
- Partner with channel businesses and WCS to identify and prioritize key capability area transformation activity
- Drive workstream transformational activity to completion including, but not limited to:
- Coordinate & drive working sessions with SMEs
- Document and drive deliverable content
- Manage key SMEs to deliver on identified outcomes
- Develop or drive development of deliverable content and iterative outcomes associated with transformation
- Represent WIM Operations in ongoing conversations with key channel and WCS contacts to ensure strategic alignment and focus
- Leverage strong working knowledge of operational capabilities in the financial services industry to assist in coordinating planning efforts and mobilizing teams for the execution of the business strategy
- Leverage industry experience in delivery relative to key transformational capability areas to provide contextual guidance for the Operations Transformation program
- Lead lean team of Transformation Delivery Analysts to deliver against transformation agenda
- Partner with the Head of Transformation to develop a long term vision and series of key client, team member, operational, risk, cultural, and financial outcomes to be achieved with transformation
- Partner with the Head of Transformation to develop and evolve the multi-year transformation roadmap, including the primary pacing, sequencing, and timing of key initiatives to deliver both realization of and tangible progress to roadmap and vision
- Partner with the Head of Transformation to identify both need for and source of key, multidisciplinary capabilities necessary to execute initiatives and efforts according to road map, significantly leveraging and engaging WIM and enterprise sources/COEs, and supplementing with external resources as needed
- Occasionally act as executive sponsor or co-sponsor for internally and externally sourced initiatives and provide initiative direction, objectives, and guidance as needed; key disciplines to be brought together to manage change efforts can include strategy, consulting, project/program management, change management, communications, training, organizational development, finance, IT, digital, innovation, and other resources and expertise as needed
- Work with the Head of Transformation to identify and source all resources needed to advance program of initiatives, to include funding and staffing; WIM and Enterprise COE resources should be utilized, rather than developing a replica of capabilities for business/function
- Collaborate with COEs, Operations leadership, Ops Tech leadership, and other key partners to ensure comprehensive change strategies are developed and executed
- Assist in developing or enhancing the capability of operations managers on the methodology and process of leading and executing change
- Contribute to the cohesion, alignment, and/or integration of transformation vision, road map, and execution with WIM and enterprise transformations programs
- Lead the review of end-to-end business processes to determine where we can simplify and create more efficiencies
- Develop and execute measurement strategies in partnership with finance and others to measure progress and the ultimate impact of initiatives; ensure alignment with stated goals and commitments, and facilitate remediation plans if needed to deliver on commitments
- Coordinate closely with key partners in support of financial planning, human capital planning, communications, risk reviews and audits, and regulatory relationships
Note: Lead roles will cycle workstream ownership and evolve as the Operations Transformation agenda evolves over time and transformed capability areas are released back into the business as operational support capability horizontals.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding of Wealth and Investment management business and operational capabilities
- Ability to influence others and create followership without direct authority
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Winston Salem: 100 N Main St - Winston Salem, NC
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.