Operational Risk Consultant 3 - Wealth Management / Business Process & Controls
About the Job
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
The Wealth Management, Abbot Downing and Wells Fargo Investment Institute Control team has a new opportunity for an experienced Operational Risk Consultant (ORC). As part of a team, this Operational Risk Consultant 3 will play a significant role in executing and administering the Frontline Self Assurance (FLSA) program for the Wealth Management, Abbot Downing and Wells Fargo Investment Institute business lines. This individual will perform monitoring and validation reviews to ensure the business line self-assurance activities (SAAs) are designed and executed in adherence with the governing WIM Frontline Self Assurance (FLSA) Program and the overarching Wells Fargo Self Assurance Activities Policy and assist in the oversight and maintenance of a central inventory of Wealth Management, Abbot Downing and Wells Fargo Investment Institute SAAs, including developing and executing change management protocols. As a result, this role will interact and work cross-functionally with teams embedded in the underlying Wealth Management, Abbot Downing and Wells Fargo Investment Institute business lines and also serve as the central point of contact between the business lines and the WIM FLSA Program office. Additionally, this individual will assist in designing and conducting monthly performance reporting that reflects the results of self-assurance activities executed throughout the underlying businesses.
The Operational Risk Consultant 3 is a collaborative individual contributor role. The Consultant will initiate action and help manage multiple concurrent deliverables without sacrificing quality or deadlines. Specifically, the Consultant will:
- Serve as liaison between business line partners responsible for managing SAA programs and/or executing SAA processes and the WIM FLSA Program
- Provide SAA subject-matter expertise to underlying business lines and ensure LOB activities are in compliance with governing requirements
- Ensure triggers for SAA development or enhancements/revisions are integrated with the control team activities and executed appropriately
- Develop and execute effective oversight monitoring routines for SAA results reviews and SAA activity reports/results; escalate defects or significant trends
- Monitor business line SAA implementation and/or SAA remediation activities and consult with the WIM FLSA Program on the effective design and execution of SAAs
- Assist with the development and execution of key metrics and program performance reporting
- Facilitate and obtain periodic attestations by the SAA owners within the business confirming compliance with Policy requirements; as well as completeness and accuracy of the SAA inventory
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience developing, implementing and monitoring/maintaining a risk-based program to assure compliance with governing requirements or providing oversight to a risk program function
- Strong technical knowledge of risk management frameworks and principles, internal control design objectives, audit/testing/quality assurance methodologies
- Experience working in or closely with Wealth and Investment Management lines of business and the ability to demonstrate working knowledge of related products/services, key processes/systems, and organizational structure
- Strong project management and execution skills, including the ability to manage multiple engagements simultaneously while delivering all commitments on time and with high quality
- Experience implementing the Self Assurance Activities Policy or designing, implementing, or executing self-assurance activities and/or testing programs
- Ability to influence stakeholders in a collaborative environment without direct organizational authority
- Demonstrated understanding of business processes and the ability to drive complex process mapping at the granular level
- Ability to develop pertinent reporting and analytics to help in understanding and aiding in the development of solutions for complex risk and control issues
- Ability to identify root cause of identified issues and evaluate potential mitigation plans
- Advanced written and verbal presentation skills; ability to produce high quality deliverables
- Experience developing and sustaining strong partnerships across constituent groups
- Demonstrated adaptability in rapidly-changing environment
- Experience with the Issues Management, Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) and Review Activities modules in Shared Risk Platform (SHRP)
- Professional risk management designation preferred, e.g. CRCM, ACAMS, CIA plans
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.