Operational Risk Consultant 4 - Self-Assurance Activities
About the Job
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Marketing, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels, and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
This Operational Risk Consultant 4 position will support the development, maintenance, and execution of Marketing Self-Assurance Activities to confirm that risk mitigating controls are operating as designed and expected.
Self-Assurance Activities (SAA) will provide opportunities for self-identification of issues, root cause analysis, reporting, resolution of process and control deficiencies, and potential adverse customer impacts. SAA will be conducted on a routine and recurring basis. Documentation, recurring reporting, and periodic attestation of SAA activities will be required.
Specific responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Lead efforts to develop, implement, execute, and mature Self-Assurance Activities to ensure controls are designed and operating as intended
- Collaborate with cross functional groups to ensure comprehensive understanding of business process, control environment, tool/systems supporting process, and formal policies/procedures that align with SAA
- Ensure formal documentation of work summary to include results, root cause analysis on defects, and overall effectiveness ratings of SAA
- Monitor changes in the control environment, evaluate SAA control design, and revise review plans to ensure appropriate coverage and alignment with Corp SA policy
- Recognize when SAA are needed and serve as SME/advisor on the effective design and buildout of SAA
Locations: Charlotte, NC; Minneapolis, MN; and Des Moines, IA are strongly preferred. However, may consider Dallas, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Raleigh, NC; San Antonio, TX; Denver, CO; Portland, OR; St. Louis, MO; Salt Lake City, UT; Atlanta, GA.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Background in audit, control development, and testing practices/processes
- Experience with Marketing/Marketing operations
- Strong knowledge of Marketing business processes and policies/procedures that align with self-assurance activities
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed environment
- Knowledge of applicable Corporate Policy requirements (Issue Management, Business Process Risk Management, Operational Risk Framework, and Self-Assurance Activities)
- Experience with assessing risk, risk level, control design, and control effectiveness, preferably specific to Banking operations
- Ability to identify control deficiencies based on testing results and recommend issues/corrective actions to mitigate the associated risk
- Compliance and operational risk management experience
- Demonstrated ability to ensure high quality output
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000
NC-Charlotte: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000
IA-Des Moines: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
IA-Des Moines: 6200 Park Ave - Des Moines, IA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.