Operational Risk Consultant
About the Job
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of intelligent and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Marketing leads the development of integrated marketing strategies across Wells Fargo's 90 plus business lines and national geography. The group is responsible for brand strategy and advertising, database and experiential marketing including the company's 12 history museums, integrated program and product development, market research and related customer analytics, and diverse segments strategy and business development.
PVSI Marketing Control
The PVSI Marketing Control team is specifically responsible for the management of non-financial risk within PVSI, including operational risk, compliance risk, model risk, reputation risk and strategic risk. The team serves as the First Line of Defense and supports Marketing's mission to become a world-class organization by assisting in establishing and strengthening operational controls, enhancing the controls culture, and ensuring Marketing's activities do not create regulatory, operational, or reputational risk for Wells Fargo.
This position will serve as a risk consultant supporting the Marketing Operating Committee (OC) business functions. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of operational risk management and be able to recommend opportunities to advance our risk management practices and strengthen our control environment. Primary responsibilities will include understanding key business processes with a focus on identifying risks, evaluating the adequacy of controls and recommending risk mitigation strategies. This role will primarily focus on cross-Marketing OC and Marketing Analytical functions and would benefit from a candidate with risk assessment, reporting, and monitoring of control issues supporting key business processes, evaluating the adequacy of controls and recommending risk mitigation strategies. The ability to develop relationships and learn new processes will be key to success in this role.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Support the development and maintenance of effective change management controls resulting from regulatory changes, business process changes, or identified control deficiencies.
- Leading the control strategy for OC owned processes, and OC accountabilities within the Holistic Marketing Processes.
- Facilitate risk management activities within the front line and ensure compliance with enterprise requirements
- Serve as an advisor to guide business and risk mitigation strategies
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing and PVSI Control partners to identify issues, propose solutions, and drive
- strategic objectives.
- Assists in developing corrective actions to mitigate risks.
- Develops a detailed working knowledge of the processes to support the marketing OC teams including the key risks and
- Continuously engages in discussions with business partners on strategy, industry trends, organizational changes, and
- new/modified markets, systems, products and services, to determine impact and identify and remediate risk issues.
- Leads control development initiatives to help drive to Common/Holistic Marketing processes and overall process
- Manages oversight of issues and corrective actions to ensure control deficiencies are effectively resolved.
- Supports development of procedures to comply with Corporate and/or Marketing policies.
- Identifies risk exposure based on emerging risks and changes in business processes.
- Aggregates risk information and communicates the risk profile for the OC Marketing leaders.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge across enterprise risk management framework, including: risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, riskrelated
- decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance.
- Experience with technology processes including the System Development Life Cycle policy.
- Experience in understanding and documenting unfamiliar processes in order to identify key risks, identify and evaluate
- controls and provide consulting to remediate control deficiencies.
- Experience performing process, risk and control assessments.
- Experience with Business Process Risk Management (BPRM).
- Strong understanding of policies, procedures, and programs to ensure appropriate and effective risk mitigation controls are
- in place.
- Ability to build consensus through verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective and beneficial relationships across the organization.
- Ability to work independently in a virtual team environment where other team members, team management, and business
- partners are not always local.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Ability to identify and evaluate trends, isolate root cause, and provide swift/thorough resolution.
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization.
- Experience with Consumer Lending/Consumer Banking businesses
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.