Operations Worker, Produce Redistribution Centers
About the Job
Company:US0444 DiTomaso, Division of Sysco Seattle, Inc
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:0-1 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
The Operations Clerk is responsible for quickly and efficiently sending each box through the scanner to each correct customer and lot tracking procedures on cases.
- Provide technical, customer relations, and personnel management for major programs and projects.
- Follow instructions on entering the correct lot trace per each pallet that goes down the line.
- Ensure that each box scanned is being scanned towards the correct order and customer with the correct lot number assigned to it at all times.
- Must be able to direct packers on the product returned and what special items need to be packed.
- Must control the flow of the line by maintaining a relationship with the feeder and directing the stacker for quantities per each order.
- Follow all Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) and food safety guidelines and report any food safety issues to anyone in authority.
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
6 months experience in packing lines
Ability to read and write English for traceability
- Type and proficiency
- Experience in both Computer Functions and Stacking responsibilities
- The ability to strongly communicate with lead, stacking, and packing personnel
- Needs to keep the line clear by moving at a suitable pace
- Displays a strong knowledge of product and customer specifications
- Consistently on time to prepare for production day (I.e. checking the computer before the start of the day for
- accuracy of orders)
- Ability to Problem Solve
- Good Reading and Writing Skills
- Capacity to be cross-trained on all lines and the flexibility to move between positions
- Ability to multi-task
Decision Making Authority
Most important decisions made fully independently:
- Multi-tasking / prioritizing to keep the line moving at a productive pace
- Escalating production or quality issues
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.