Part Time - Community Health Worker - Grand Juntion, CO
About the Job
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
Community Health Workers with Rocky Mountain Health Plan support corporate objectives by utilizing a demonstrated competency of LongTerm Services and Supports to provide Single Entry Point (SEP) Case Management, participating in case conferences with the Supervisor.
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we're providing support during this global health crisis and search for a way you can get involved. View our Covid-19 Resources Page at: https://info.uhg.com/
- Responsible for: intake/screening/referral, assessment/reassessment, development of support plans, on-going case management, monitoring of the Member’s health and welfare, documentation of contacts and case management activities in the Department-prescribed IMS, resource development, and case closure.
- Contact the Member’s at least once within each quarterly period, or more frequently if warranted by the Member’s condition /or as determined by the rules of the LTSS Program in which the Member’s is enrolled.
- Conduct face-to-face contact with the Member’s at least every six (6) months, or more frequently if warranted by the Member’s condition or the rules of the LTSS Program in which the Member is enrolled, and shall update the current approved assessment tool and Support Plan in the appropriate documentation system to reflect any changes in condition or services.
- Complete a new assessment during a face-to-face reassessment annually, or more frequently if warranted by the Member’s condition or if required by the rules of the LTSS Program in which the Member is enrolled. Complete additional assessments as needed/required.
- Monitor the delivery of services and supports identified within the Support Plan and the Prior Authorization Request (PAR). This includes monitoring: The quality of services and supports provided; The health and safety of the individual; and The utilization of services with respect to the Support Plan and the PAR.
- Attend Department provided training for SEP agencies as well as agency provided in-service and staff development training.
- May take on special assignments and projects on an as needed basis. Assist with system assessment and development as needed.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in one of the human behavioral science fields such as human services, nursing, social work, psychology, public health, OR the combination of education and experience that would enable performance of the full scope of the position.
- Must reside in Mesa County.
- 1+ year of experience serving SEP members with demonstrated competency in all of the following areas: Application of a person centered approach to planning and practice; Knowledge of and experience working with populations served by the SEP Agency; Interviewing and assessment skills; Knowledge of the policies and procedures regarding public assistance programs; Ability to develop support plans and service agreements; Knowledge of LTSS and other community resources; and Negotiation, intervention and interpersonal communication skills.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community& State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in healthcare here. We serve the healthcare needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, HIV / AIDS and High - risk Pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive Healthcare, Community, and Government partners to heal healthcare and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Community Health Worker, Grand Junction, CO, case management, patient advocate, healthcare