Part - Time ED Registrar - Overnight Shift - Manhasset, NY
About the Job
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we're providing support during this global health crisis and search for a way you can get involved. View our Covid-19 Resources Page at: https://info.uhg.com/
- Pre - register and / or register patients according to departmental policy and procedure
- Enter patient information and charges into appropriate system
- Provide patients with all pertinent information and obtain appropriate signatures on medical, legal and financial forms
- Verify financial / insurance information using appropriate database retrieval systems
- Provide guidance and assistance to patients and staff members with regard to insurance regulations
- Accept payment from patients; reconcile cash payments and provide appropriate feedback to Supervisor regarding various payment and / or cash issues
- Direct patients to appropriate areas following registration
- Perform various related clerical duties supporting department operations including, but not limited to, answering telephone maintaining files, scanning, keeping inventory of supplies, and informing management of all activities, needs and problems
- Maintain current knowledge base regarding insurance information and managed care guideline; maintain knowledge base of designated networks based upon managed care contracts in order to provide assistance to patients
- Demonstrate ability to utilize data retrieval insurance eligibility systems
- Participate in quality control activities
- Review, assess and evaluate patient registrations to ensure accuracy of demographic and financial information; and correct erroneous registrations and inform Supervisor
- Perform related duties, as required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of in - person customer service experience - experience including, but not limited to: hospital, physician's office, medical clinic, hospitality, banking, retail, etc.
- Familiarity with computers and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Must be available to work part time, 15 hours per week, 11 PM to 7 AM, various days and flexible with weekly schedule
- Ability to work a training shift of Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 4:30 PM, for 4 - 5 weeks until training is complete
- Any previous hospital or physician's office patient registration experience
- Experience in insurance reimbursement and financial verification
- Bilingual and fluent in English and Spanish
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Manhasset, patient, registration, customer service, medical, healthcare, records, clinic, hospital, ED, ER, registrar, admit, admitting, clerical