Patient Service Representative Oak Cliff
About the Job
Let's talk about meaningful work, an important role and a career move that can transform your future. At WellMed, a part of OptumCare and the growing UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we focus on prevention and the complete coordination of care for our patients. Join us and you'll be part of a team dedicated to patient-centered, safe and effective health care. Your skills and talents will make an important impact on our patients while you open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization.
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth
The Patient Services Representatives is responsible for greeting patients and collecting, recording and balancing payments.
- Greets patients as they arrive and manages 20-minute wait time.
- Assists patient with intake processes including copying required documents.
- Collects co-payments, co-insurance and deductibles and issues receipts.
- Manages cashier box and daily deposits according to company policies.
- Processes walk-in patients and visitors.
- Answers phones and schedules appointments.
- Manages medical records (maintains, files/scans, prepares for schedule).
- Ensures all correspondence is scanned and/or filed in timely manner.
- Processes requests for medical records release and maintains appropriate logs, etc.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate or GED
- One (1) to two (2) years of related work experience including data entry.
- Working knowledge of medical office procedures and medical terminology.
- Ability to accurately sort and file materials by alphabetic or numeric systems
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- ICD 9 and CPT coding experience
Transforming healthcare and millions of lives starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring. Find out more and join us. It's an opportunity to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors., WellMed is a network of doctors, specialists and other medical professionals that specialize in providing care for 550,000+ older adults with over 16,000 doctors’ offices in Texas and Florida through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Patient Access Representative, Patient Service Rep, Patient Registration, Check In, Check Out, Front Office, Insurance Verification, Prior Authorization, Scheduling, Medical Secretary, USMD, WellMed, UnitedHealth Group, Dallas, DeSoto, Richardson, TX, Texas