Pet Stylist- Part-Time (Dog Groomer)
About the Job
Healthier pets. Happier people. Better world. Our vision might sound lofty, but we believe it's attainable when we obsess about providing complete care for our amazing pets. Our approach goes far beyond addressing our animals' basic needs to support their physical, mental, social, and emotional needs. By being sure we take all of these elements into consideration, we can help pet parents take the very best care of their pets.
Our obsession with delivering the very best experiences for pets and their parents guides all we do. From our convenient, affordable pet salon services to our extensive array of training classes and workshops, we always make sure to keep our commitment to healthy, happy pets front and center.
The Pet Stylist ‒ Part time would ideally be available to work evenings and weekends. Responsible to deliver customer service and grooming services to customer that align with our brand promise. This job is composed of a variety of different tasks that are covered by operational guidelines, and while individual judgment may occasionally be required in order to complete assigned tasks; most questions are directed to either the Grooming Salon Manager or the General Manager. Position is responsible for the welfare of all live animals within the department. GSM will report to the General Manager and collaborate to drive the business.
Essential Job Functions: The incumbent must be able to consistently perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
• Provide quick and courteous service to all customers by utilizing the GUEST+ model in the salon
• Ensure OSE standards are maintained in the department
• Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests
• Professionally perform basic grooming services on animals as requested by customers and in accordance with company policy and procedure, ensuring the safety and well-being of each animal
• Interest in animal welfare
• Move animals and merchandise up to 30 pounds
• Utilize grooming instruments including shears and dryers.
• Perform grooming services per customer instructions, ensuring the safety and well-being of animals.
• Adhere to all Policies and Procedures.
May provide guidance to Grooming Assistant(s) or other Pet Stylists Apprentice(s) in department. May also test potential applicants for grooming procedures and evaluate skills and other job related tasks.
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors in the grooming salon. Position requires bending, kneeling, lifting (up to 30 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long periods of time. A large amount of this partner's time will be spent in direct contact with our customers and their dogs and the remaining time will be with the PSA's and other salon partners. The work environment can be noisy and wet.
Education and Experience
A qualified applicant to this position will demonstrate knowledge and skills in the grooming industry, and either a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED) is preferred. In addition, the applicant must have completed the Pet Stylists Apprentice Program or a minimum of one year's experience grooming/styling pets under the leadership of a professional groomer and must successfully complete a personal skills evaluation by a Petco Pet Stylist or Grooming Salon Manager. Availability to work evenings and weekends preferred.