Prepared Foods Team Member - Seasonal Part Time - Oracle location
About the Job
As a Prepared Foods Team Member your role will include providing excellent customer service, and cleaning and maintaining the prepared foods area. Additionally you will work to maintain attractive prepared foods displays and supporting the regional Prepared Foods vision. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
- Give every customer immediate and undivided attention.
- Follow through on all customer questions and requests.
- Successfully complete in store training (QUEST) program.
- Keep department supplies filled and maintained.
- Follow established food safety procedures.
- Keep all cases and shelves clean, well-stocked and properly rotated.
- Maintain accurate retail pricing and signage.
- Sample department products to the customers.
- Take special orders and inform the Team Leader.
- Be aware of new products and their placement.
- Maintain backstock areas and coolers.
- Document product transfers, waste and spoilage using appropriate forms.
- Practice safe use of all tools and equipment required by the position.
- Practice proper care and maintenance of all equipment.
- Know and practice proper lifting techniques.
- Report safety violations and hazards immediately.
- Effectively communicate with all Team Members regarding proper department operations.
- Properly package and wrap products for retail sale.
- Wrap and store unused products in coolers.
- Help cross-merchandise product with other departments.
- Adhere to cleaning and maintenance schedules.
- Attend all department, store and training meetings when scheduled.
- Accept and process product from Receiver.
- Answer telephones with proper etiquette when time permits.
- Assist other departments when necessary to facilitate customer service.
- Participate in regional and national sales promotions.
- Wash dishes and utensils when necessary.
- Fill and maintain hot case.
- Prepare sandwiches and pizzas to order where applicable.
- Help serve alcohol where applicable.
- Peel, chop and slice produce items.
- Slice sandwich meats and cheeses.
- Regular attendance is essential.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Team Leader/Store Leadership.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Able to meet physical job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must have a passion for natural foods.
- Able to communicate effectively with others and convey enthusiasm.
- Possess some customer service experience.
- Must be self-motivated and solution-oriented.
- Is available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
- Desire to learn all aspects of Team.
- Some reaching above and below shoulder height.
- Some exposure to dust, fumes and chemicals.
- Repetitive use of hands and fine manipulation.
- May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies.
- Exposure to continuous background and occasional loud noises.
- Any item over 40 pounds requires a team lift.
Note: The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.