Principal Network Security Architect - Plymouth, MN or Telecommute
About the Job
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. (sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Responsible for architecture and advanced engineering across Network & Security domains e.g. Public/Private cloud, Containers, VMware, Datacenters, Software-Defined networking, Infrastructure-as-Code
- Provides technical leadership through defining standards and patterns, giving presentations to teams and leadership
- Contribute to standards and patterns, governance, compliance
- Consult with application and development teams to leverage new technologies and capabilities
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years in Network and/or Security roles
- 3+ years in a senior engineering and/or architecture role
- Knowledge of advanced networking concepts and products; software defined networking, SD-WAN, Network Segmentation, etc
- Knowledge of advanced security concepts and products; Firewalls, Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB), Secure Web Gateways, etc
- Knowledge of software engineering / automation tools and practices; DevOps and DevSecOps principles
- Ability to work with a geographically disperse team
- Experience with advanced networking concepts and products; software defined networking, SD-WAN, Network Segmentation, Container Networking, VMware, etc
- Experience with advanced security concepts and products; Firewalls, Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB), Secure Web Gateways, etc
- Experience with Identity and Access Management concepts and products, especially cloud-based solutions
- Experience with software engineering / automation tools and practices; DevOps and DevSecOps principles
- Experience in the healthcare provider space; understanding of PII/PHI, FISMA, MARS-E, etc
- Network and/or Security certifications a plus
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.