Principal Organizational Development & Effectiveness Consultant
About the Job
Working within the Talent Management Center of Excellence (COE), the Organizational Development & Effectiveness Specialist is responsible for leading and supporting the assessment of organizational needs. Assists with operationalizing and enabling Organizational Development strategies under the direction of the Vice President of Talent Management. Serves as the subject matter expert for organizational development and effectiveness by working with senior leaders as a trusted advisor. Proactively aids in establishing processes that enables consistency and quality in building organizational capability to achieve the company’s goals and objectives. The ODES will collaborate with TMS Centers of Excellence, TMS Business Partners, L&D, TMS Insights, Talent Management and the business to develop programs that enhance our ability to lead, attract, and retain talent.
Core Objective: Establish and foster a systems perspective within the organization as it relates to Talent Strategies. The ODES will support and implement programs that focus on addressing workforce capabilities while, identifying business performance barriers and opportunities, determine underlying causes, focus on system impacts, clarify potential consequences of various interventions and implement alternatives that provide long term benefits. Learns and lives the company’s mission, purpose, leadership principles, and core values.
- Serves as a trusted advisor to TMS (HR) BP’s and leaders on change management, team effectiveness, and leadership development.
- Assesses OD needs of operating, business and functional units.
- Leads the design, development and implementation of programs policies and strategies tailored to meet OD needs and program goals and coaching to leaders regarding OD methods and tools.
- Designs and executes key programmatic elements of the OD process.
- Evaluates strategies and programs to measure the achievement of established goals.
- Defines, designs and facilitates virtual, live or blended sessions tailored to the business need.
- Partners with Talent Management Program Leader on the implementation of succession planning processes that drive talent mobility, development and promotions of executives and emerging leaders.
- Partners with the Compensation COE to define and develop career ladders for all functions, formalize job families, and documented career paths.
- Cultivates a positive relationship with Team Member Engagement/Experience, L&D, Talent Management leaders and the business by understanding business issues and how they translate into people strategy and concrete measures /tracking of impact.
- Stays abreast of talent trends and advance thinking around solutions to further develop talent and organizational effectiveness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and influence relationships and partnerships (internal/external) across all levels or the organization, exhibiting strong leadership and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in supporting strategy implementation in a large complex organization.
- Expert consulting, design and facilitation skills.
- Strong command of models, frameworks, tools and solution to increase leadership effectiveness. Including but not limited to behavioral change, organizational effectiveness, emotional intelligence, change leadership, high performing team coaching and effectiveness.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, and a high level of personal integrity.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience.
- 5-8 years’ experience as a Human Resource Business Partner
- 5+ years’ experience designing and delivering OD/OE programs.
- 5+ years’ People leadership or team leadership experience.
- Relevant certifications in organizational and individual assessment instruments or SHRM-CP/SCP.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.