Principal Software Eng - Social Core
About the Job
Roblox, Principal Software Engineer, Social Core, San Mateo, CA
Join an amazing team that's building the future of play. Every month, over 160 million monthly active players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today, more than 30 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all created by a talented community of 2 million creators.
As a Principal Software Engineer, Social Core , you'll be in charge of our core social services (presence, notifications, etc...) that are used by our 160M+ monthly users. If you are an experienced developer with a deep understanding of large scale systems, you'll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing social team.
- Experienced : You have 8+ years of experience in working on core service oriented architecture with a proven track record of solving high concurrency issues. You own a BS in Computer Science, MS/PhD are a definite plus.
- Intrepid: Scaling for multiple millions of concurrent users is exciting to you... You know it will take a lot to make it right, but you are impatient to get going...
- Knowledgeable : You have a deep understanding of all aspects of designing and building highly available microservices.
- Versatile : you're a jack of all trades and you have mastered one or more object oriented languages and technologies already; you can easily adapt to any situation when the need arises and come with the right solution.
- Creative : You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems and driving new tools/functionality for our developers
- Team-oriented: You are able to work well as part of a team and know how to collaborate with all participants to develop the best solutions.
- Build the next gen software & systems to support Roblox's massive user growth, while supporting the existing systems that can already handle millions of concurrent users .
- Come up with great solutions while we're moving from service oriented architecture to containerized microservice model to scale to our ever increasing load .
- Constantly think about how we can improve our processes and structure to enforce quality while we iterate quickly on feature development .
- Collaborate with product and design to push the boundary of what is possible.