Principal Solution Architect Artificial Intelligen
About the Job
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
If you're ready to innovate and lead in the Solution Architecture space, join Nike's Enterprise Architecture organization! You will be part of an organization that is revolutionizing Nike technology platforms and architecting a technology landscape that is simplified, modern, flexible and will ultimately enable Nike on its journey to 2020 and beyond.
The Principal Solution Architect will provide leadership in architectural planning and in driving solutions across multiple domains/ solution areas, contributing to the future success of the business through innovations in technology. A person in this role will be responsible for leading opportunity identification and analysis, problem definition, and overseeing the development and deployment of advanced analytic tools and methods within the Enterprise Architecture organization.
This role, along with engineering leaders within Analytics will lead and supply the definition of an overarching analytics strategy and architecture that will align analytics investments with the highest impact areas, while producing a suite of complementary models, tools, and technologies. The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for all things data and analytics and an outstanding ability to provide strategic advantage for Nike through innovative solutions.
- Evangelize break through AI/ML solutions, specifically passionate about consumer analytics, driving personalization for Nike consumers across a broad spectrum of experiences
- Architect and design advanced analytics solutions to power marketing communication and segmentation
- Guide engineering teams to build AI/ML foundational services such as fraud detection, automated tagging, and A/B testing
- Partner with Product and Engineering leadership to build standard framework and patterns for feature engineering, model building, training, and serving
- Participate in design and engineering of data science applications solutions that have significant strategic impact and achieve long term competitive advantage for Nike.
- Accept and influence domain driven design and architecture principles of security, privacy, scale, uptime and reliability
- Partner with business leaders to provide expert technical advice and influence strategic decision making
- Guide and mentor engineering teams to raise collective technical expertise
- Demonstrate a strong bias for architecture principles balanced with tactical timelines, cost and risks
- Contribute to architecture guiding principles, development standards, training and hiring
Requirements for the Position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related subject area
- 3+ years in technology architect or engineering leadership roles
- 3+ years of experience in the field of Machine Learning, AI, Deep Learning
- 5+ years providing technical leadership to technical, business & multi-functional teams
- 7+ years in hands-on experience in software engineering with depth in data and analytics
- Experience with model development, management, and deployment in production.
- A solid understanding and experience managing high volume, variety and velocity data such as telemetry data from sensors, clickstream or unstructured data like images and speech.
- Experience implementing AI/ML applications such as recommendations, forecasts, and sentiments
- Solid experience in software development in languages like Java, Python etc. Experience working with RESTful API and streaming.
- Strong understanding of data and analytics solution architecture, including experience with Big Data, Relational databases, real time and batch data processing.
- Experience leading enterprise cloud/virtual architectures like AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Demonstrated track record of leading within sophisticated organizations requiring strong influence leadership skills - ability to work in coordination with all levels in matrix environment
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills with ability to facilitate technology strategy, requirements and architecture conversations with all partners (management, business users, and technology resources)