Product MGMT Dir, Supply & Inventory Planning
About the Job
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
The Demand and Supply Management (DSM) team is responsible for ensuring every Nike athlete is able to access the product they want when they want it. DSM is revolutionizing how planning is done across Nike by ensuring Consumer Demand is Nike Demand.
DescriptionAs a Product Management Director, Supply & Inventory Planning, you will partner with the Product Management, Supply Planning, Inventory Operations and other members of the Global and Geo Operations leadership team to craft, influence and execute the strategy and vision for the future of the company's Supply Planning technology.
Demonstrating experience in digital product management, you will harness data to build innovative technical and analytic products for supply planners to understand the global supply landscape and empower efficient and fact-based decisions. By identifying new product opportunities, evaluating the performance of existing products, and using Nike's strengths to deliver outsized results, you are always on the offense. As a leader, you are thoughtful, aspirational, and adept at motivating teams through exciting situations to successful outcomes.
You can run through sophisticated technical challenges and tradeoffs, using advanced analytics and qualitative research to support your point of view. Your products are grounded in customer insights - prioritizing reducing friction for our biggest customer problems. You are a great collaborator - you will proactively build trusting relationships across the Nike organization to launch your product, including functional partners and geography teams.
You will work both within the Nike DSM function, and across the broader organization including partnering closely with Sourcing, Inventory, Demand Planning and others within Operations to deliver solutions that solve critical business problems as Nike accelerates its Consumer Direct strategies.
- Product Strategy and Vision: Create and champions market-informed product vision and strategy that supports Nike strategies. Identify the strategic product implications and opportunities resulting from major corporate strategies and change initiatives.
- Product Lifecycle Management: Lead the end-to-end lifecycle of sophisticated products, from conception through launch. Strategize and execute on growth initiatives in operating live products and capabilities.
- Product Roadmap Definition: Run a fluid intake and prioritization process to develop a product, feature and release roadmap based on business targets, in-depth data analysis, and a clear understanding of DSM needs.
- Prioritization: Effectively craft project plans based on priorities, setting clear/measurable objectives and deploying team resources appropriately to achieve business goals.
- Partner Management: Collaborate with partners to bring products to life. Remove obstacles and helps align the organization to achieve success.
- Communication: Clearly articulate the product roadmap, vision, priorities and requirements to multiple partners in both written and oral formats. Gather and incorporate feedback from a diverse range of partners including digital, technology, engineering, analytics, platform, business, and legal teams.
- Collaboration: Partner with Technology, Engineering, Design, Analytics, Business, and Product Management leaders throughout completion of landmarks to deliver efficient results in line with customer needs.
- Industry Analysis: Continuously supervise and share relevant technology trends, driven offerings and best-of-breed executions.
- Analytics and Experimentation: Define product critical metrics, derive key insights, drive reporting tools, and devise and execute experiments and multivariant tests to find product solutions (in concert with Business Success team).
- Management: Lead multidisciplinary teams and enable success by removing obstacles and developing strategic relationships throughout the business. Cultivate and develop diverse talent within direct reporting team to improve performance and results.
- Raise the Bar: Promote cross-team and cross-organizational knowledge sharing through multiple forums (e.g., user groups, tech talks, demos).
- Minimum of 8 years of demonstrated ability in product management, software development or digital retail
- Outstanding data analytics and articulation skills
- Outstanding written/oral, organizational, analytical abilities, and attention to detail
- Clear, concise and persuasive communication style that compels to action
- Exceptional influencing skills, with experience engaging diverse set of cross-functional partners
- Ability to lead robust, cross-functional teams
- History of developing and growing product management talent
- Ability to build product results such as wireframes, prototypes and requirements specifications
- Experience leading priorities with third party vendors and key partners
- Comfortable making build versus buy recommendations based on industry knowledge
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry trends
- History of making ambitious tradeoffs in establishing product priorities that have required sophisticated analyses and results-oriented decisions
- Strong project management skills and ability to present work to executive partners
- Comprehensive understanding of the market landscape, both through a technology and competitor lens
- Knowledge of demand planning, supply planning, inventory, purchasing, sourcing and global operations processes are a plus
- BA/BS degree required, MBA preferred