Product Owner - JIRA/Confluence
About the Job
Create the products that are changing an industry.
We never stop working to make investing simpler and more successful for our clients. By promoting new ways of working, you’ll optimize products and keep our client experience improving at an accelerated pace. As a Product Owner, you will lead the strategic vision and roadmap for a product or products with cross-divisional impact, demonstrating a deep understanding of the product(s) and associated business areas. Products often have enterprise-wide implications. Are you ready to make it count?
In this role you will:
- Leads product management activities for multiple products, or one strategic product, with cross-divisional impact.
- Influences and collaborates with cross-functional teams to create best practices that drive significant change to the client experience. Ensures business outcomes are linked to business case drivers.
- Coaches product teams towards best practices and learnings. Oversee's product teams' support of the messaging, communication, and customer outreach as necessary.
- Facilitates strong business support through working with team members to promote a consistent approach to decisions/impacts and client propositions. Drives connection across all appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
- Leads the planning, development and implementation of new products with cross-divisional impact. Defines and analyzes markets, developing detailed product features and requirements, and developing implementation plans.
- Influences and employs a variety of qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques to continually improve the user experience.
- Participates in and influences ongoing business planning and departmental prioritization activities.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight years related business experience. Three years of leading large cross-functional teams on major organizational projects preferred.
Additional Job Description
This Product Owner role will lead the strategic vision and roadmap for Jira and Confluence to ensure there is cross-divisional and enterprise impact. This role will require the ability to demonstrate a deep understanding of the tools along with understanding the needs of key stakeholders in the associated business areas. You will be required to provide direction around how the tools will be enablers to the evolving agile standards and product/outcome-orientation in addition to aligning to the enterprise enablement efforts for new ways of working. An enterprise approach to understanding the needs and priorities of key stakeholders will be imperative and will also drive the product strategy and prioritization of tool enhancements. Key stakeholders within IT include but are not limited to IT Delivery Teams, Strategy Management Office, Divisional Planning, IT Tools Team, Agile CoE and NWoW Enablement. At the enterprise level, there will need to consideration for the Enterprise NWoW team along with key business areas that are looking to adopt the tools, e.g., Marketing.
This position is for a Jira and Confluence functional owner. Jira and Confluence is becoming increasingly critical to the success of the entire enterprise and is a key part of the software modernization program. Your primary responsibility is to produce a product roadmap that has clear vision and alignment to the Developer Experience initiative, the IT Divisional Planning team, the software development tools team and the user community across IT. You will also work closely with the enterprise NWoW team as they build out best practices for Jira and Confluence across the business. You will:
- Work with Agile coaches, product managers, and PMOs to define portfolio/product management best practices and reporting standards for Jira
- Collaborate with Developer Experience to define and implement knowledge management/document management strategy and requirements for Confluence
- Establish a Jira and Confluence governance body and user community
- Define/implement user training strategies
- Define/implement change management and communications strategies
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.