Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift
About the Job
For over 125 years, ASCO Power Technologies has been pioneering every major product innovation in power transfer technology. Today, we are an industry leader in the manufacturing of automatic transfer switches, industrial control products and power control systems, and the world leader in emergency and standby power transfer solutions. We are the Power Authority - committed to providing a full range of quality-driven products backed by 24-hour nationwide service support.
ASCO Power Technologies, an industry leader in the manufacturing of Automatic Transfer Switches, Industrial Control Products, Load Banks, Power Control Systems, Services and Solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for a Production Supervisor based out of Welcome NC.
The Production Supervisor will direct, supervise and coordinate hourly employee's activities to ensure that goals are achieved. In addition, through assignment of duties and personal skills, assure timely and efficient fulfillment of the areas responsibilities.
- Plan, supervise, direct and engage in daily production operations, and anticipate production problems, (i.e., material shortages, equipment malfunctions, rush orders, etc.) such that loss of work hours is minimized and production and quality objectives are achieved.
- Utilize skills, work hours, materials and work flow to achieve production and quality objectives; exchange timely information with other supervisors on interdepartmental product flow and work force needs.
- Instruct, train, orient, motivate and otherwise assist employees so that production and quality objectives are achieved. Participate in the selection/interview process to fill worker positions and appraise employee performance. Recommend promotions, transfers and work assignments.
- Provide information /assist managers, research and development, and/or mechanics in their efforts to diagnose tooling and equipment malfunctions; initiate efforts aimed at effecting cost reductions, work simplification or improvements in methods or equipment.
- Supervise departmental safety and housekeeping practices and maintain a constant alert for hazardous conditions; respond to employee injuries by administering first aid, issuing medical authorization forms, investigating accident causes and recommending means to prevent accident reoccurrence.
- Keep employees informed of the company rules and regulations, and production and quality expectations. Issue warnings and other approval disciplinary measures when necessary. Encourage employee communication and endorse an open door policy.
- Coaches employees to achieve desired output for safety, quality, schedules and cost.
- Trains employees to enable them to increase their involvement and self-direction.
- Works with all areas to implement World-Class techniques to shorten cycles and improve productivity by reducing fixed costs, connecting production, implementing preventative maintenance and changing equipment and processes
- Responsible for all quality related issues as they pertain to this position.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of ASCO Power Technologies to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: ASCO Power Technologies does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
ASCO Power Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
- This position interacts mostly with hourly shop floor employees as well as local facility management.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent; or 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Training in management, manufacturing, safety, quality, etc. a plus.
- Excellent PC and system knowledge, including the ability to analyze data within an MRP system and make effective assumptions to drive business results.
The duties listed are not set forth for the purposes of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as complete list of the many duties normally to be performed under a position title or those to be assigned and performed temporarily outside an employee's normal line of work.