Project Manager, CDx
About the Job
Be a part of the future of Precision Medicine! Our mission is to improve the human condition by bringing the power of precision medicine to labs, partners and patients globally
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
In the Companion Diagnostics Business (CDx), our team partners very closely with leading pharmaceutical companies to develop, manufacture and commercialize highly regulated medical devices which are critical for physicians to help select therapies for their patients.
Become a part of a growing and dedicated team that does truly inspiring work in the field of Precision Medicine. Our employees are passionate about their contributions because there is a very direct connection to helping patients with cancer.
Reporting to a manager in CDx Program Management you will help lead a cross-functional project team in a matrix organization located in the Carpinteria, California office; the center of excellence for the Companion Diagnostics division.
In this exciting role you will have responsibility for ensuring Agilent is leading the way in companion diagnostic product development. You will be externally facing to pharmaceutical industry partners and internally facing to the Agilent CDx core project team. The successful person for this job will work closely with their global cross-functional project teams and external partners to ensure that the project objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget.
- Leading global, multi-site, cross-functional project teams, and serving as a direct contact between pharma project managers and CDx/DGG project stakeholders with oversight from Project Management Director or Senior Project Manager
- Driving and delivering expected results according to agreed project scope, cost, quality and timeline milestones
- Creating and managing resource forecast plans, and working directly with line managers to communicate and agree to project staffing requirements
- Tracking estimated project revenues, costs, expenses and profits against defined metrics; proactively communicating deviations to relevant stakeholders, internal and external
- Obtaining partner approval and creating appropriate customer billing requests to achieve revenue targets and cash flow expectations for the business
- Analyzing, planning and tracking project phases and activities, and communicating the timelines/milestones/goals on a regular basis to CDx/DGG management, the project team and other stakeholders
- Coordinate with third party vendors as required to complete the project activities
- Manage the receipt and transfer of assay production requests to the appropriate supporting functions in order for them to deliver assays for their intended use such as in clinical trials or internal development activities
- Effectively identify and communicate risks to stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Understanding of the proper application of risk management techniques to ensure business priorities and quality standards are met
- Re-evaluating goals throughout the project, together with the project's stakeholders, and making necessary adjustments to project plans and budgets, including scope change management
- Participating in preparation and alignment of decision process in joint project governance bodies; including but not limited to joint project teams (JPTs) and joint steering committees (JSCs)
- Establishing and maintaining project lifecycle documentation
- Mentoring of project team members in Agilent business and quality practices
- Accountability and urgency for the delivery/completion of projects on time and cost
- Ability to work collaboratively with external customers to insure that company and partner interests are addressed in a balanced fashion
- Ability to establish trust and work with integrity while motivating others to achieve the goals of the project
- Developing leadership skills and desire to succeed with a minimum level of guidance
- Successfully multi-task amongst several competing initiatives
- Excellent presentation skills
- Creative problem solving skills and decision making abilities that adapt to change and promote teamwork across geographies and cultures
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a matrixed team environment
- Experience with constructive decision making, resolution of conflict, and the building of effective top-down and bottom-up business relationships
- Active ownership of problems of diverse technical and business scope where the analysis requires in-depth evaluation and research of competing options.