Publishing Program Leader
About the Job
At Amazon, we believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience. We seek talented, passionate game developers to join our team and become the architects of this vision.
Amazon Games is looking for a talented and driven Technical Program Manager to be responsible for organizing the communication and activities for our organization and the development partners. You will be tasked with developing programs to support the organization's strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals. In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have prior experience in both program management and team management.
This person will partner primarily with teams to deliver requirements, build the tools, technologies and cloud services that are foundational to the game experiences built on top of them. They will own weekly planning and multi-month schedules and initiatives; always looking for opportunities for process and organizational improvements that increase efficiency and raise quality. They will utilize their communication skills to effectively collaborate and influence their peers and executives resulting in the delight of the customers. The candidate will work as the liaison between franchise development, marketing and game studio program managers.
· Project manage the products and partner studios to achieve both technical and marketing integrations that allow our products to be a success.
· Fulfill the role of project manager for your team using task management software and scheduling techniques.
· Partner with technical leads to maximize the productivity of their engineers while helping to inform and guide development towards helping our game partners make cool stuff.
· Generate documentation, schedules, reports that help make reasonable and firm development commitments for the team, whilst over-delivering on expectations wherever possible.
· Obsess about the games our technology is fueling, and participate in quality control over development in area of ownership working with senior developers in all crafts.
· Partner with QA experts to ensure all issues are known and quickly resolved.
· Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
· 5+ years of professional project management experience in game development.
· 5+ years of game publishing or licensed game development technology experience.
· Product Management experience.
· Technical Program Management background (CS degree or equivalent engineering experience)
· Strong organizational skills, good communication skills, independent thinking, knowledge of popular video game play and understanding of video game industry.
· Strong creative and design sensibilities as well as strong writing and communication skills.
· PMP, PMI-ACP certification or Certified Scrum Master.
· Experience managing teams working with global video game development studios or cloud infrastructure/services or equivalent licensed game development technologies.
· Experience in managing the development of large scale game titles and/or game related tools
· Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.