About the Job
San Mateo, CA
This position is responsible for the procurement of materials to support Sony Playstation products. Working with the Master Scheduling, Program Management and Product Marketing teams they will ensure that material is available to meet production requirements and customer demand. They will manage current suppliers and develop new suppliers as required. Will initiate the development of process improvements and then work collaboratively with Finance and other impacted organizations. Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Schedules, plans and/or procures materials and components in support of demand plans; responsible for continuity of supply of assigned commodities.
- Manages the relationship between Sony and suppliers from a financial and business perspective and acts as the primary contact for all communications with suppliers on business issues
- Manages problem resolution with suppliers including financial (invoicing, price discrepancies, etc.), discrepant material, transportation and component supplier issues
- Actively manages MRP including product rollovers and obsolescence.
- Uses supplier/industry knowledge as well as inventory system skills to contribute to enhanced supplier flexibility
- Responsible for controlling costs associated with the procurement and use of parts, assemblies and materials
- Responsible for cost reducing existing and new components that are procured
- Uses broad knowledge of the process and industry technology trends to attain the lowest possible cost
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Industrial Engineering, Materials Management or Supply Chain Management
- At least 7 years purchasing, production planning, master scheduling or materials management experience.
- Broad Procurement and Buyer/Planner experience, preferably in consumer electronics
- Strong supplier negotiation and organizational influencing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Broad knowledge of materials, planning, master scheduling and manufacturing processes
- Strong analytical skills
- Extensive experience utilizing an MRP System; (SAP preferred but not required)