Quality Assurance Inspector
About the Job
Company:US0023 Sysco New Orleans (Division of USA II)
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:1 Year
Employment Type:Full Time
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
This is a Finance position responsible for monitoring the quality of perishable products in the warehouse on an ongoing basis, inputting orders through data entry while performing extensive customer service duties, and performing other related duties as required. Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment in performing duties directly related to the general operation of produce quality control.
- Check produce in slots daily to make certain product that is set up for shipping is up to acceptable standards.
- Communicate with buyers all quality issues and assists them in resolving them to ensure the customer receives the highest quality products possible.
- Ensure products are being rotated properly during daily slot checking, and communicate any problems with rotation to the stockers and/or supervisors responsible.
- Monitor variance reports for accurate accounting of spoilage, warehouse damage, truck damage, etc.
- Greet all internal and external customers in a friendly and efficient manner to ensure that proper customer service is maintained and customer satisfaction and organizational efficiency are enhanced.
- Inspect inbound freight, warehoused product, and/or outbound product and document product condition.
- Correspond regularly with necessary parties on the company's status on product quality.
- Analyze, identify, and propose action to the solution of problems associated with Quality Assurance.
- Observe all safety rules, regulations, and sanitation policies.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1 to 3 years of experience.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of an organization.
- Must have exemplary listening skills to facilitate effective two- way communication.
- Can add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.