Quality Engineer III
About the Job
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer with a Bachelor's degree in a related Engineering field and at least 6 years of relevant experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience to design and create the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow. What to look forward to: As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to ensure all quality standards are met for our products and production equipment. You'll be responsible for designing and testing our processes, mechanisms, and equipment and developing standardized quality acceptance criteria. Your technical responsibilities during planning, organizing, and conducting our projects involves the design and development of new evaluation and control processes utilizing statistical analysis and other control/risk mitigation techniques.
At SNC’s Integrated Mission Systems (IMS) team we are an agile, high-caliber contractor that engineers, builds, integrates, modifies and supports turnkey air- and ground-based Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) products and services. Our years of experience supporting the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, commercial and international customers have established us as the systems integrator of choice. We take great pride in the customer mission we support. Learn more about IMS
- Bachelor's degree in a related Engineering discipline and at least 6 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of Quality System requirements and contract quality requirements
- Experience in manufacturing and inspection
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and schematics, parts lists, specifications, instructions and test procedures
- Knowledge of SO9001, AS9001 standards
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance required
- Experience in the aerospace and defense industry
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.